Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I sighed as I heard heels clicking down the hallway of the high school. Only a few girls wore heels together and I was hoping the one coming towards me didn't belong to Belle Jones. I was not in the mood to see her today, or any day really.

"Poppy," the familiar feminine voice said, the attitude giving away the person. The heels did in fact belong to Belle.

I ignored her and continued looking through my locker, trying to find anything to distract me. I couldn't stay at my locker forever, but I knew never to walk away from Belle, no matter how annoying she was. Walking away always made things worse.

"You can't seriously ignore me," Belle said. "Or are you finding someone else to tattletale on?"

"That isn't what happened," I said through my clenched teeth, keeping my sight focused in my locker. I took a quick peek at my phone, happy that two minutes were left until lunch was over. Then, I could finally get away from her for the day.

"Sure it isn't," Belle said sarcastically. "You were obviously seeking attention."

"Why would I do that?" I asked, turning to face her.

"Because you're not me," Belle said with a smirk. Her two friends, Lisa and Loni, smirked as well, even though they had no idea exactly what Belle and I were talking about. Nobody knew about what happened and I wanted to keep it that way. Everyone would probably have the same reaction as Belle and say that I was just looking for attention.

I scoffed. "Trust me. I would never want to be you." I said this in a low voice, hoping she wouldn't hear me.

Apparently, she has some sort of super hearing and was able to hear me. "Why? Are you satisfied with your 'perfect' self?" Her air quotes around 'perfect' made me clench my fists. "Get it in your heard, Poppy. You are not perfect, nor will you ever be."

"I know I'm not perfect," I said. "Just leave me alone, Belle. I'm not in the mood to argue."

Suddenly, she gasped dramatically, making me furrow my eyebrows. "How dare you?!"

"What?" I asked, feeling a bit confused.

I was even more confused when she called our beloved principal, Mrs. Goth over. "What is it, Belle?"

Belle pointed accusingly at me. "She called me a name that's forbidden at the school!" Her friends nodded in agreement to back up Belle.

"What?!" I asked, completely shocked. "I-"

"Miss McCormick, cussing is forbidden at the school," Mrs. Goth said sternly.

"But I-" I began, but stopped when Mrs. Goth held up her hand

"Detention after school," Mrs. Goth said, pulling a piece of paper and pen out of her pockets. She scribbled something down before handing it to me. "Give it to the staff in charge if detention."

I widened my eyes. I had never had a single detention before. "Detention?! But I-"

Mrs. Goth shook her head, not listening to what I had to say before she walked away.

Belle smirked satisfyingly. "Have fun in detention," she said before flipping her platinum blonde hair and strutting away, her friends following. Belle left me with my mouth opened. I couldn't believe she did that. Actually, I could. Ever since the incident that happened, she hated my guts even though it wasn't my fault. She didn't want to hear my side of the story. Instead, she chose to hate me and turn the whole school against me.