Chapter 24

Chapter 24

For the past week, my parents were treating me like some vulnerable little girl that couldn't take care of herself. They wouldn't let me go out anywhere and one of them had to be home with me at all times. And that was exactly why I didn't want them knowing about what happened.

Even though Grayson told my parents so I could have both of them there for me, I hated the way they were treating me. I even tried telling them a few times to leave it alone because Ben didn't actually do anything, but they refused.

At school, Belle hadn't shown up at all. I was, honestly, a bit worried about her. She found out that Ben was lying the whole time and she threw away our friendship for no reason. I wanted to talk to her but I didn't know what to say. But I did miss having her as my best friend, even if she acted really horrible to me at school and made everyone hate me. I couldn't blame her. She was trusting her brother.

The school day finally ended and it was now the weekend. I was planning on spending it either sleeping or playing video games. I was feeling a lot better after what happened, well what almost happened with Ben. I found it hard to sleep at first, but I got over it.

And now, I was waiting in the parking lot. Grayson was giving me a ride home but he had to talk to one of his teachers for a bit. Something about being distracted in class. He told me he wouldn't be long, though.

Most of the people had left the school already. On Fridays, most of them left right away instead of staying at the school. The parking lot was almost vacant; there was just a few cars. I was the only one standing outside.

And that was a stupid mistake.

I felt something had hit the back of my head before I fell to the ground and blacked out.

~*~

"She's taking too long," a muffled voice said. "Just do something."

I stirred a bit, trying to open my eyes. The voice sounded so familiar, but I couldn't wrap my finger around it.

"No, she's waking up," another voice said. "Get Dedrick."

Dedrick. Hearing that name got me to open my eyes. Immediately, I saw three familiar people, one of which was leaving the room we were in. Devon, Adam, and Jace.

"And she's awake," Devon said with a stupid smirk. "Perfect."

Jace returned to the room with Dedrick. "Why, good morning, beautiful," Dedrick said. Hearing him say that made my blood boil. Ever since what happened with Ben, I hated when guys called me beautiful, unless I liked them. I was always so afraid I'd get assaulted again.

Wait.......What if they assault me? No, they wouldn't. Would they? Why was I here anyway? Where was here?

I looked around, taking in my surroundings a bit more. We were in a very small room that looked really run down. There was a window on one wall that was somewhat high off the ground. On another wall was the door; a steel door.

I then looked down, realizing that I was tied to a chair. Creepy much. What did these guys want anyway?

"She's quiet," Dedrick said.

"No," I said. "I just don't have anything to say right now."

"No?" Dedrick asked. "You're not even wondering where you are and why you're here?"

"Of course I am, idiot," I snapped.

Dedrick didn't seem to like the name. He narrowed his eyes and took a step closer to me, making me gulp. This guy looked really threatening. Note to self: Don't piss him off anymore. "Where you are is classified," Dedrick told me, his voice cold. "As for why you're here, we're cashing in our revenge on Grayson."

"So you're using me for revenge?" I asked. "And here I was, thinking we were going to have a tea party." Sometimes, my sarcasm flowed a bit too easily. Bad mistake since I was trying not to piss off Dedrick.

"It's been two years," Dedrick said. "I had to get out of prison first, then find his weakness. Now that I have, I'm getting my revenge. Grayson would do anything to protect the girl he loves."

"Love?" I asked. "Funny. If anything, he only liked me. Past tense. We broke up a few weeks ago, you know."

Devon snorted. "You're so clueless, Poppy. Grayson breaking up with you is his stupid way of protecting you."

Was Devon right? Did Grayson really only break up with me to protect me? That wasn't important right now. I had to let these guys let me go.

"I never said Grayson broke up with me," I pointed out.

"But you wouldn't break up with him," Devon said. "Judging by the way you've been acting around him, I could tell you still have feelings for that jerk. I've been keeping a close eye on you Poppy. Ever since I discovered you were Grayson's weakness. Who would've thought that he had a heart after all?"

I decided to ignore everything they were saying and find away to make them release me. "My parents will be wondering where I am," I said.

"Nope," Devon said. "We took your phone and texted your dad, telling them that you're studying at Grayson's house."

My phone beeped suddenly and Devon pulled it from his pocket. "Oh, it's from Grayson," he announced. "Yup, she's definitely his weakness. It says 'Where are you? I thought I was driving you home.' How should I reply?"

I snorted. "Idiot. You do realize that if either of you text Grayson, he'll know something's up. I have a specific way of texting. My parents won't notice, but Grayson definitely will."

"Fine," Devon said. "Text him." He untied my wrists from the armrest and handed me my cell. He watched as I typed, which was a bit of a challenge because of how much I was shaking. Luckily, I was able to type a message to Grayson:

Hey. Even though I told my parents you were taking me home, my dad picked me up. Literally tried telling him that you were going to drive me, but it didn't work so now i am home studying. Please don't send anymore messages. Mom won't appreciate me getting distracted. Even though I won't.

"That's your specific way of texting?" Devon asked. "Long sentences?"

"I like being grammatically correct," I lied as Devon took my phone and pressed send. I tried my best not to smile. He didn't notice. Let's just hope Grayson is smart enough to notice that the capitalized letters spell out H-E-L-P-M-E. Help me.

______________________

I'm going to work straight on the next chapter after this. It will be, once again, in Grayson's point of view. And a character we hadn't seen for a few chapters will be here. She has a complete change of heart, that's all I'll say.