Chapter 27

So after this story ends, I'm going to be writing a story called "Fight For Me". It's going to feature Grayson's cousin whom you will meet in this chapter. And since she is Grayson's cousin, Grayson and Poppy will make some appearances here and there. I had the idea for a while and I can't wait to start writing it!

Chapter 27

While I was cooking breakfast for Belle and the lazy boy who was still sleeping, someone knocked on my front door. I was a bit confused since it was only nine in the morning and it was a Saturday. Who would come to my house this early? It couldn't have been my parents because they would have walked in instead of knock.

I lowered the heat on the stove and walked to the front door. I looked through the peephole, relieved that it wasn't a mugger. At least she didn't look like a mugger. I opened the door and got a closer look at her. She had long blond hair and ocean blue eyes that reminded me of Grayson's. Then again, many things reminded me of Grayson.

"Hi," she said with a smile. "I'm Elliot Matlin. Is there a Grayson Prince here by any chance?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I'll go get him. Just wait here." I closed the door before heading down to the basement. Grayson was still sleeping on the couch, so I shook him awake. "Grayson, someone is at the door to see you?"

Though his eyes stayed closed, he muttered, "Who would come here for me?"

"I don't know," I said. "She said her name is Elliot."

Grayson opened his eyes at the sound of the girls name. "Elliot Matlin?" he asked. I nodded, so Grayson sighed and got up from the couch. "How did she know I was here?" he muttered to himself as he went upstairs.

I followed him, but went back to the kitchen so I wouldn't burn the food.

Belle came in the kitchen just then, rubbing her eyes. "Who's Grayson talking to out there?" she asked.

I shrugged. "Some girl named Elliot. I've never seen her before and I'm wondering why she would come here to look for him."

"Flower," Grayson said, standing by the kitchen. "Can Elliot come in for a bit?"

"Sure," I said, but honestly, I was a bit curious who this Elliot was and how she knew Grayson.

Grayson gestured for Elliot to come in and closed the door behind him. Elliot, however, was looking a bit impatient. "Grayson, all I was told to do was come here and get you to go home," she said. "Your dad wasn't that happy when you never went to babysit."

Grayson shrugged and snatched a piece of bacon right off the frying pan. "Hey!" I protested, slapping Grayson's shoulder. "Wait until the rest of the breakfast is made."

He didn't listen as he took a bite out of the bacon. "Elliot, this is my lovely girlfriend Poppy," Grayson said. The sarcasm on 'lovely' made me glare at him. "And that's Belle." He had a cold tone when he said Belle's name. I guess he still didn't approve of Belle being my friend again.

"Do you really hate me that much?" Belle asked.

"Hate is a strong word," Grayson said, turning back to me. "Elliot's my cousin on my mom's side. And she came here to join our awesome party."

"No," Elliot objected. "I came here because your dad wants you home and refuse to listen to anyone else."

Grayson swatted his hand. "Tomayto, tomahto."

I sighed. "Grayson........"

"Don't give me that, Poppy," he said. "You know why I didn't go."

"You're making things more difficult than they have to be," I said.