Chapter 31

I really hate to say this but.......This is the final chapter. I'm really going to miss this book. But, make sure you read the author's note at the end. (:

Chapter 31

Grayson was released from the hospital three days later. Evidence was found for the shooting so both Dedrick and Devon was put in jail. Since the shooting was intentional, Devon was tried as an adult. If only those two idiots knew that there was a camera from the café showing the alley because apparently, a lot of shady things happened there.

Things were different at school. Since Belle was my friend again, the whole school didn't hate me anymore. It was weird to say the least.

Word got around that Devon was involved in Grayson being shot and a lot of people were asking if he was okay. He hated the attention.

"How could you still get more points than me?!" I asked, staring dumbfounded at the TV screen.

"Talent," Grayson said with a smile. We were playing Call of Duty and were killing some zombies, yet Grayson scored way more points than me. His arm was in a sling, so he had to hold his control to the side, which was quite difficult in my opinion. "I told you I would score higher than you. Now, I believe you owe me something." He tapped his pointer finger on his cheek. I sighed, leaning forward to give him a kiss on his cheek. However, right before my lips made contact, he turned his head so my lips pressed against his.

"You're such a cheater," I said, shaking my head.

Grayson's cell phone rang, so he picked it up to answer. "Hello?......No way. I'm not going to one of those......Elliot, nothing you will say will convince me to go.......Because I'm in pain. Ow, my shoulder. It hurts so much." The sarcasm in Grayson's voice made me roll my eyes, but I was a bit curious as to what his cousin wanted him to go to. "Fine! I'll go, but I'm bringing Poppy with me and you're going to have to pick us up at her house. That's where I am right now......Yeah, whatever. You owe me big time."

"Thanks for asking if I wanted to go," I said sarcastically.

"Elliot wants to go see her friend's boxing match," Grayson explained. "But her dad doesn't want her going alone. Usually she goes with her best friend but for some reason she isn't going tonight."

I raised an eyebrow. "A boxing match? I don't want to go to that."

"Too late," Grayson said. "Besides, I saved your life a few days ago. You owe me big."

I rolled my eyes. "Does everybody owe you big?"

"Yes," Grayson said. "Elliot should be here soon."

"Darn, that means I can't beat you in another game." I put the controllers away before turning off the game system. Grayson and I then went upstairs. Dad was reading the newspaper, a warm mug of coffee in his hand. "Dad, I'm going to go out with Grayson."

Dad nodded, not looking away from the newspaper. "And what time will you be back?"

I looked at Grayson for an answer. "Before ten, for sure," he replied. "Is that fine."

Dad looked at Grayson for a bit before nodding. "Yeah, that's fine. Have fun."

Grayson and I went outside of my house to wait for Elliot. She pulled up in the driveway in a very old, rundown car. "Thank you so much for coming," Elliot said as Grayson and I climbed into the backseat. "Laughlin nearly freaked out when I told him I wasn't able to come if I couldn't find someone to go with me." I guessed Laughlin was her friend that was boxing.

When Elliot started driving to wherever the boxing match was, she asked, "So, Grayson, how's your shoulder?"

"Believe it or not, I've been through worse," Grayson said and I knew he was talking about how he was almost beaten to death when he was thirteen.