Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Waiting for the news about Grayson is torture. Pure torture. The doctors wouldn't tell me anything abut his wound, not even if it was fatal or not. They kept saying 'I don't care if your his girlfriend. We're mean and we're not telling you.' Okay, so maybe they didn't say that, but it felt like they did.

Tony stayed with me the whole time, assuring me that everything was going to be fine. Even though he was my brother, I'd rather have a doctor tell me that Grayson was fine. I couldn't lose him.

The police ended up coming to the hospital to inform me that Devon and Dedrick have been arrested and was going to be held for further investigation. I was so relieved to hear that.

Finally, the doctor in charge of Grayson's condition walked over to me. "Would you like the bad news or good news first?" he asked me as I stood up from the waiting chair.

Bad news? There was bad news? "Um, I'll have the good news first," I said. Please be okay, please be okay.

The doctor smiled. "Grayson is expecting to heal in a few weeks. The bullet wound wasn't as severe, luckily."

I tried my best not to smile because there was still the bad news. But I couldn't help it. Grayson was fine. He survived!

"What's the bad news?" Tony decided to ask.

"Nothing too bad," the doctor said. "His arm will have to be in a sling for a few weeks to immobilize his shoulder. If he moves it too fast or too much, it can cause serious pain. He can take visitors now." The doctor then led me to Grayson's room while Tony told me that he was just going to wait in the waiting room. Grayson was sitting on the hospital bed, playing with the buttons on the bed. He looked up at me and smiled as I hurried over to him, wrapping my arms tightly around him --but I made sure I wasn't touching his injured shoulder.

"I was worried I was going to lose you," I muttered.

Grayson hugged me back with his other arm. "Hey, I'm fine," he assured.

"Why did you jump in front of the bullet?" I asked.

Grayson snorted. "Because I love you and would do anything for you. If I didn't, it could have killed you."

"But what if it killed you?" I asked.

"Flower, don't say 'what if?'' he told me. "All that matters is that I'm fine."

I pulled away from him, but stayed close to him. "Thank you for saving me," I said before pressing my lips to his.

"You're welcome Flower," Grayson replied. He then patted the hospital bed, telling me to sit beside him. I didn't know if it was allowed, but whatever. I saw beside him and he wrapped his arm around me as I leaned my head on his shoulder. "Did anything happen to Dedrick and Devon?"

"They were arrested," I told them. "And they're going to be held for investigation."

"Good," Grayson said. "Now do you understand what I meant by Dedrick will hurt you."

I sighed. "Yeah. I just didn't expect him to pull out a gun."

"Honestly, neither did I," Grayson said. "I'm sorry you got stuck in the middle of this."

"Don't be," I told him. "Yeah, it was dangerous, but I've never loved someone as much as I love you. And when Belle turned the whole school against me, you didn't care. You still became my friend and even stood up to Devon for me. Trust me, being involved was worth it."

Grayson gave me a quick kiss. "And thank you for not judging me just because of my reputation. You stood by me and even listened to all of my problems. I love you so much because of that."

"I love you too," I told him. "But, I should be going now. It's getting late."

Grayson sighed, but he nodded. "Understood. I'll probably be in here for the next three days. Promise to visit me everyday?"

I kissed his cheek before getting off of the bed. "I promise."

_____________________

I really hate short chapters, but there isn't much to write for this one.......Now, there is probably 1-3 chapters left. The next one might be the last one, but it might now. I don't know yet. I can't believe I got this far in the book already! I still remember writing when Grayson was ignoring Poppy and when they first kissed. I'm really going to miss them.

So possibly expect the next chapter to be the last one. It might, it might not. But even when this book ends, Grayson and Poppy will make appearances in my next book if you want to read it. I won't post it until this one is done, though.