Chapter 14

There will be more of Grayson's point of views here and there. Like this chapter. ;)

Chapter 14

Grayson

   "Grayson!" Dad called from the kitchen. "Your sister will be here soon!"

   I didn't reply as I continued slaughtering zombies in the video game. I had to get my anger out somehow because beating the crap out of Devon yesterday didn't do the trick. And quite frankly, killing graphical zombies wasn't making me feel any better as well. Shocker.

   "Grayson!" Dad called again. "Did you hear me?!"

   When I still didn't reply, Dad stormed into the gaming room and turned off the TV. "Hey!" I exclaimed. "I was in the middle of a game!"

   "You didn't reply," Dad said.

   "I didn't know that I had to," I told him, dropping my controller on the table beside the couch and crossing my arms.

   Dad sighed and shook his head. "Gale called and said she'll be here in less than ten minutes. Graeme and I are going to head out now to get a few things from the store. Don't make a mess."

   "Sure thing," I muttered as Dad left the room. Seeing how I lost the game since Dad turned it off, I decided to take a short nap.

   Apparently, a 'short nap' was ten minutes because I woke up by Gale literally screaming my name. "Grayson!" she yelled. "Where are you?!"

   "Find that out yourself!" I yelled back, even though I knew yelling at her would give away my location.

   Gale walked into the gaming room and sat down on one of the chairs. "So little brother. How's it going?"

   I glared at Gale. "Things have been better."

   "Wow," Gale said. "What crawled up your pants and died?"

   "A bad idea my sister gave me," I snapped at her.

   Gale raised an eyebrow. "A bad idea? What are you talking about?"

   "What do you think?" I asked.

   "Is this about your friend?" Gale asked. "Grayson, you don't want her getting hurt, do you?"

   I scoffed and left the gaming room, only to have Gale follow me. "I don't know why you're so upset over it. You agreed to it."

   I stopped in the middle of the living room and turned to her. "Well, I can't do it anymore. Having me ignore her is hurting her."

   "I doubt it hurts her that much," Gale objected.

   "Are you serious?" I asked. "Gale, you don't understand. Everyone at school hates her. Devon's girlfriend picks on her and even knocked her out in gym class yesterday. But because of the stupid plan, I can't do anything about it."

   Gale looked at me as if she was scanning me before she smiled. "Grayson Prince! Does my little brother have a crush?"

   I scoffed then glared at her. "Crush? Are you seriously using that word? It's so childish."

   "Sure, sure. Avoid my question," Gale said. "Grayson, I know how you feel about your friend. You were never worried about any of your other friends getting hurt before."

   "Gale, I just don't want her getting hurt," I said. "It may be because I feel something more, but ignoring her is hurting her."

   Gale sighed. "But if Dedrick and Devon find out that she's your weakness, she can get killed."

   "Dedrick just got out of prison," I reminded. "There's no way he would ever kill anybody. I just can't do this anymore." I walked passed her and walked up the stairs.

   "You're only going to make things worse!" Gale called.

   "Deal with it!" I called back. Nothing she said would change my mind. I needed my Flower back.