Chapter 2

Okay, I'm fine with people wanting to imagine someone else as Grayson, but please stop telling me to cast him as someone else. This is who I imagined to be Grayson, a character I created.

Chapter 2

Mom wasn't happy when I told her I had detention yet again. I tried telling her that it wasn't my fault but he didn't want to hear it. And if I had one more detention, I'd be grounded for sure. To make things worse, Mom had yet another meeting at the time I was to get out of detention and Tony had a doctor's appointment, so neither were able to pick me up since it wasn't guaranteed that they would be home by the time I was out of detention. Dad should be home from his business trip, but he probably wanted to rest.

I was at my locker at the end of the day, putting my textbook in there when Devon, Belle, Jace, Adam, Loni, and Lisa walked up to me.

"I can't believe you said that!" Belle said very loudly.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Yesterday, you said I should feel guilty about what happened," Belle said.

I narrowed my eyes at Devon, knowing he told Belle about what I said in detention. I should had known that Devon would tell Belle.

"I didn't mean it like that," I said through my clenched teeth.

Belle scoffed. "You're already ruining my life as it is!"

"How am I ruining your life?" I asked, trying not to raise my voice so I wouldn't attract any attention. However, Belle was doing enough yelling for the both of us. Many of students that were still in the school curiously watched us as the murmured to each other.

"Do you know the pain I've been going through?" she asked.

"And what about me?" I asked. "I've been going through a lot worse."

Devon rolled his eyes. "Please, Poppy. I bet you're making a big deal out of it for attention."

I glared at him. If only he knew exactly what happened. If anything, Belle was making a big deal to get attention. I was not ruining her life. She was ruining mine.

"I am not doing for attention," I said. "Why would I ever lie about what happened? It deeply affected me, but Belle doesn't seem to care because she's a selfish......" I stopped before I could say 'Brat', knowing that everyone would hate me even more if I lash out at her. I needed to have everyone know that I was the victim, not Belle.

Devon took a threatening step towards me. "She's a selfish what?" he asked, his glare as shap as daggers.

"Nothing," I muttered.

Before Devon could take another step towards me, someone decided to step between. I was somewhat shocked to see Grayson glaring at Devon. He did defend me yesterday, but I thought it could have been a one time thing. I never expected him to defend me while most of the school was watching.

"Didn't I tell you to leave her alone?" Grayson asked Devon in a threatening tone.

Devon changed the glare from me to Grayson. "Stay out of it," he said, just like he did yesterday.

"So long as you stop fighting your girlfriend's fights," Grayson replied. I had a strong sense of deja vu since they were having almost a smiliar argument to yesterday. "Just because she's an attention seeker, doesn't mean you have to be involved."

Belle's jaw dropped, looking completely shocked about what he said. "Excuse me?!" she shrieked. "I'm an attention seeker?! Poppy is the attention seeker!"