Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Grayson

I was extremely confused when Poppy wasn't in the parking lot. I offered to drive her home and she told me she would wait in the parking lot. I didn't get it.

Instead of wondering where she went, I texted her. I hoped she didn't get a ride from someone else. We were becoming so close again and I didn't want to lose it.

After a minute or so, she message me back. I read the message, mad at first that her dad picked her up, but then I reread the text. Something was up. She never used full sentences when she texted and she rarely capitalized the first letter. She was a lazy texter, so why was she taking her time with this?

I reread it again and again until something popped out. The first letter of each word was capitalized, but the word 'I' wasn't. Then I looked at all the capitalized letters. H. E. L. P. M. E.

.......Help me. Crap! Poppy was in trouble! It must have been Dedrick! He knew Poppy was my weakness and now, he was getting my revenge. I needed to find out where there were, but that was next to impossible. They must have a hide out somewhere and the only people who would know it would be Dedrick, Devon, Adam, Jace, and most likely Belle.

Wait. Belle. It was a long shot, but I was going to risk it.

I got into my car and drove to Belle's house. Her house was just two down from mine, luckily. If I didn't know where she lived, I would have been very stuck.

I got out off my car and knocked repeatedly on the front door of Belle's house until her mom answered. "Can I help you?" she asked. Belle's mom didn't know of me, thankfully. If she did, she would probably only know the bad things and would have slammed the door in my face.

"Can I speak to Belle, please?" I asked.

She gave me a skeptical look before calling Belle down the stairs. Belle appeared by the front door, looking shocked to see me. "What are you doing here?" she asked. It wasn't in a hating way. More of curious.

"I need your help," I said. "It's about Poppy."

Belle looked at me for a bit before turning inside her house. "Mom?! I'm going out for a bit!" Her mom replied with a simple 'Okay' before Belle stepped outside and closed the door. "What about her? Is she okay?"

"I think she's in trouble," I said. "And that Dedrick and Devon are involved."

"And why do you need my help?" Belle asked.

"I'm guessing they're in some sort of hide out," I said. "And I'm guessing you know where it would be." Belle didn't reply, but the look she had was enough confirmation. "Please. I don't want Poppy getting hurt."

Belle sighed. "Fine. I'll show you where it is."

"Thank you," I said. I led her to my car and we climbed in. Belle gave me the directions to the hideout. When we got there, I knew Devon was there for sure. His car was parked in a parking lot by a forest.

"I'm coming," Belle announced.

"If Poppy is here, what will Devon think when he sees you helping me?" I asked.

"Like I care," Belle said which shocked me a bit. I didn't question her though. "Look, I know this place inside and out. Knowing them, they have her kept in a small room. I can easily get in through the window. If you go through the main entrance, they'll be in the room there. You can distract them and I'll get Poppy and get out."

"And how would I know if you got her?" I asked.

"You'll know," Belle said before walking towards a path in the forest. I followed her and about a minute later, we were standing in front of a small, wooden cottage. "Devon's dad built this a year or so ago. He owns this property. Wait for a few seconds before going through the front door." She quickly jogged towards the opposite side of the house.