Addressing Chapter 10

In this chapter, Poppy revealed what happened to her and some people are saying how it's not even that bad and she's being over-dramatic (maybe they didn't use those words, though....), and how Poppy is a hypocrite for asking Grayson what happened when she wouldn't tell him what happened with Ben.

Yes, her being assaulted isn't as bad as being raped, but it's still bad. Poppy has been best friends with Belle for years, meaning she knew Ben for years. If you know someone for that long and never had a single feeling for them, and they decided to assault you and attempt to rape you, I'm pretty sure you would be hurt as well, especially if your best friend decides to take his side over yours. Poppy has every right to be scarred by that.

Now, as for calling Poppy a hypocrite, let me rewrite a paragraph that happened in chapter 10.

     "Wouldn't you like to know?" the man, Dedrick, asked. He then looked at me. "What a pretty friend you have. It would be such a shame of something were to happen to her." 

Dedrick basically threatened Grayson with Poppy, meaning Dedrick is involving Poppy. Of course she would want to know what happened before something actually did happen to her.

I have to admit, there are flaws in this book. I reread this all the time and wish I could have done stuff a different way, but I'm still proud of this book.