Part 28

Tom hummed thinking about that question for the rest of the evening and well into the morning. He had not really given Draco an answer, and there was good reason for that. He did not want to rush what he said, as it would be a defining factor on how far he and Draco's relations could go. He wanted to make sure that he really thought through what he was going to say before he said it. Answering prematurely would not bode well. It was, after all, a very good question and it deserved that thought process at the very least of whether or not he wished to truly answer the boy. They had a sequence of things that he was trying to do. He just was not sure if he wanted to let Draco know the whole story. Well, he would not tell him the whole story of course, but he could perhaps divulge some sort of information. He wanted to make sure that Draco was entirely committed to this though, as the next part was rather...complicated. His plans would not change just because someone was a bit squeamish. He wanted to send Dumbledore a message. A warning, to stop trying and interfere with him, with his life. It was annoying him, and he knew that the other's attempts to contact him, minimal though they were considering just where he was, and the fact that Tom hated him with every fiber of his being, he still would rather the old coot not bother contacting him at all. It was annoying him to no end.

He had tried a few times since he had gone to the Malfoy home for the Winter Vacation. Barring just being frustrating and annoying, Tom would much rather not burn the letters from the palms of his hands every time they came during the morning. It was not good manners, despite the satisfaction that it gave him. The Malfoys seemed to find it amusing when he did it again that next morning. It was bad enough he had been forced to deal with Gryffindors practically all summer, after the hell over what had happened at the Orphanage, but in all reality he did not really want to think about what had happened, and he had spent a majority of his time dealing with idiots, so he was really happy to be at Hogwarts, surrounded by halfway smart people. Then came to problem that he was having now.

He did not know what it was that had Dumbledore seemingly obsessed with him, but it had always grated on his nerves. The unnerving eyes that would watch him during his Transfiguration classes, the attempts at afternoon talks during his free periods, the small conversations over tea that he never bothered to drink, not wanting to risk what could happen should the other be trying to drug or poison him. He would not put it past the old man too. For as much as Dumbledore may have hidden behind that old grandfather like persona, Tom was well aware he was a cunning coot, and determined to get his way. Gryffindor he may be but he was as dark as any of his blind prejudice against Slytherin claimed them to be. If not worse.

He also did not like that he was harder to read than others. Usually, Tom was able to read the surface of a person's emotions, and though it was not later that he realized what this ability was, and the ability to influence those with lesser wills around to do as he wished-mind magicks, something it would seem that he had always been inherently good at-he could not do the same with Dumbledore, and often felt as though it was switched around, Dumbledore doing so to him. Eventually he had begun to learn the basics of what was called occulmency. Though that had just barely started, and he had not really gotten all that far. He dreaded what that would mean now. He was not one who liked displaying his thoughts to anyone. Perhaps he could ask Draco if he knew anyone who would be able to teach him the craft, but that also meant worrying if Draco would ask him why it was that he wanted to learn in the first place and Tom was not sure that he wanted to tell him that.

Either way, Tom needed to send Dumbledore a message. A loud one. He would, as well, the first day back from Winter Vacation. He wanted to old man to stop bothering him, and what better way than a rather disturbing, frightening message for the entire Castle to see. He knew what he was going to do, but he did not know if he could trust Draco to keep mum about it. He knew that Draco and his friends hated Dumbledore with almost the same passion that he did, but at the same time he was worried that Dumbledore may end up questioning them. Tom knew that he had issues with trust, but he did not really want to lay down his plans so blatantly with someone he was not entirely certain would keep silent...to anyone....about them.

Still, the boy asked again later that day when he was in the library and Tom could not help but sigh and just give in, partially.

"I intend to give Dumbledore a taste of his medicine." He said darkly, Draco just staring confused. "He has been attempting to talk to me relentlessly and it is getting on my nerves. I want nothing to do with him, I have told him that I wish nothing to do with him, and yet even still it would seem that he is determined to get me to speak with him for whatever unknown reason. Therefore, I intend to return the favour of unwished for mail." Draco blinked, even as he slowly came to understand what Tom was getting at. He stared at him with wide eyes, a spark of interest and excitement, though he did not pry further.

"Let me know if you need anything. I will do my best to help. I would love to see the look on his face."

"You will," Tom assured, "Just make sure to be during the welcome back feast the evening we get to Hogwarts." He said, a dark smirk curling upon his lips.