Worry, Fear, and Best of Friends

Tom was not really sure about this visiting of Lucius thing. Despite Draco's assurances he was...anxious about the ordeal. There was plenty of other things that he could be doing, for instance going to his newly acquired house which he had obtained from Morfin's death. He wanted to really look around the place and see what was there. Though he doubted that it would be much, and the fact that it was near the Riddles sort of...angered him, whether his father would be old and grey or otherwise, perhaps even dead now considering his pitiful muggle blood, was completely irrelevant. 

"Why exactly is it that your father wishes to speak to me?" Tom asked Draco as he sat, waiting for his inevitable need to communicate with the elder Malfoy.

"He always wishes to speak to any of my new friends." Tom nodded, that seemed, shockingly reasonable. Given the fact that Draco was the malfoy's only heir, it was inevitable that the elder Malfoy would want to ensure that his son kept good company. 

"Is your grandfather going to be there?" Tom asked, ensuring to keep all apprehension from his voice, tone emotionless. 

"I do not think so, but I could be wrong." Draco willingly admitted, which did nothing to aid Tom's predicament.

Lovely, Tom could think of nothing better than seeing his old school friend, that was, if he actually still knew the man. He did not, and Abraxas, for all his faults, was still his friend, somewhat. The old one, this new one that he may or may not meet, he did not really even want to think about. Having to face the older version of Abraxas made him nervous and the entire situation, which was already uncomfortable, was infinitely more so now. He also had no idea if Abraxas would even remember him. 

He did not mention any of this however, and kept his expression blank as he faced Draco once again.

"I presume I am to be stuck there the entire winter?" He said, voice gentle. Draco looked at Tom curiously. 

"Of course. I would not have asked you to come unless Father intended on ensuring your board for the Yuletide." He said as though Tom were being ridiculous. Tom supposed that he was. After all, Abraxas had once brought him to his family as well. How similar things were going after all, two Malfoys bringing him to meet their family. "I know Grandfather will be there for the feast the night before Yule, and possibly the gala, but I am not sure about the rest of time. He is rather busy at the moment, though with what I could not really say. He does not like to indulge. Father may know though, now that I think about it." Tom blinked, registering all of this information.

He was rather shocked. Draco was much more forthcoming than he had initially anticipated. The youngest Malfoy seemed to trust him more than he let on. that was the only thing that Tom could really think that would enable the Malfoy boy to become so comfortable in his presence. Tom felt something...warm...cascading through him, and he found himself rather confused by it. He had not felt such things before. He ignored the feeling, pushing it down to assess later, and continued to the topic at hand.

"I am afraid that I do not have the proper dress attire for a gala, Draco," Tom reminded the other gently. Draco looked at him, seemingly offended just a little bit. He looked at Tom, staring at him before sighing softly.

"Tom, I am the one that invited you to this, and my father is the one who insisted that you be there. We will provide you with the proper dress attire, and with proper boarding. Otherwise we would not dare have offered in the first place." 

Tom just...let that sink it. It was rather surprising. Just as it was with Abraxas. Possibly cause he was simply not used to people doing things for him. It made him feel odd and strange and he did not really know how to react. It was not something that he was used to, relying on other people was a death sentence and so how could he possibly allow himself to do something which would lead to his death?

Yet, with this young Malfoy, he felt some sort of kinship. He was not really sure why, or for what reason it really was caused, but he knew that he felt it deeply, and he was rather shocked with the depth of his bond towards the younger blonde. He could not deny that it was interesting. Though, it frightened him at the very same time. He was not used to being able to talk to others about Dark Arts. When he was at Hogwarts, there was too much risk to even really interact with others. That was then, however, and he was not at Hogwarts in the mid 1900s with the Wizarding World on the brink of war, and the Muggle world already in a war. 

It was so strange. He felt stranded, and lost at times. When he tried to navigate himself, he felt his head spin in shock and confusion, and sometimes he truly did have to remind himself that the wars were over and, no he was not in danger yet, and yes, he was safe for now. Not for long, and Tom was well aware that Dumbledore had his eye on him, and was having the other Hogwarts teachers keep an eye on him as well. 

"Very well," Tom said with a small and almost imperceptible smile and a light nod. 

"I also think it is a test of sorts." Tom gave a small laugh.

"I would assume so, Draco. It is not every day that someone is asked to meet Lucius Malfoy, especially not when the man can simply walk into the school should he so decide. I would assume that he wishes to see how I handle social events, and possibly get a feel for me as a person in general. It is normal, Draco, do not worry. I shall give it my best to impress you father, or at the very least not earn his ire." Tom soothed gently.

He had not expected that to really work, but it would seem that it did as Draco relaxed into the train seat. He gave himself a few deep breaths, before locking his blue eyes onto Tom's own brown ones. 

"I apologize, I just...You are my best friend, and I really want Father to like you." Tom was not entirely certain what to make of that. Draco thought of him as a best friend? Tom was not really familiar with the concept but he understood the term well enough to understand the honor which one must be held in to be called a 'best friend'. 

"I understand." Tom said. Though he may not have a best friend, and he may not really understand what Draco really meant to him, he did understand what Draco was feeling, theoretically. He understood the risk which Draco was taking, and understood the courage he must have had and the desire to get his father to enjoy Tom's presence. Draco was quite the ambitious little snake. After all, should Tom manage to obtain his father's father, neither he nor Draco will be taunted by this, nor would they really have to hide their friendship at Hogwarts either. "I shall do my best, Draco, do not worry." He said softly. "Just allow me to take care of it all, and it will be fine." His dark eyes flashed with promise and thought of just how fun this vacation was about to become.