32

"Do you think they will actually answer? And in time before school begins? You are running on rather limited time." Tom rolled his eyes, Draco had been saying the same thing the last several days, and it was beginning to ware on him a bit. It was exhausting as a general rule, having someone ask the same thing over and over, It was exhausting at best, and frustrating at worse. Tom could not really snap out on Draco, it would definitely harm the tentative emotions that he was purposefully cultivating in him. That would render most of his trials so far useless. He liked Draco, and whilst he knew better than to try over forms of manipulation, he was not beyond pushing a tad bit to get what he wanted. 

"Well, we shall just have to see, now won't we?" Tom said, his voice somewhat strained in his frustration given that Draco was being a tad bit annoying at this moment. Tom seemed to wince a bit, having finally noticed that he was frustrated. Draco did not interrupt his musing any further, but was getting a tad bit frustrated. He was curious and in the end he supposed it was not worth annoying Tom more if he was going to get more angry. 

"Right, okay," Draco scoot the chair he was sitting at and stood up, deciding to leave Tom alone if he was going to continue to act like that. It was no point trying to sus out more details of Tom's plan, partially because Draco was fairly sure that Tom himself was running out of ideas and that was why he decided to go to the Waesley Twins, of all people. Though I suppose that it was a decent choice. If anyone could make something be incredibly annoying and frustrating for that old coot it would be them. As much as Draco despised having to say such a thing. Annoying it may be but they were really good choices. He was just frustrated that What happens if the Weasley's decide not to respond, though Draco admitted that did seem fairly unlikely. However he was also sure that the Weasley family had plenty to worry about, but even still. He would have liked to be included, at some point. He just felt that Tom was shoving him to the sidelines, rather than including him. 

He was not really even sure when this started happening, or what he had done to cause it. It was so sudden. It was definitely not a development that Draco found himself overtly fond of. He would much prefer that Tom would let him in, to talk. He had been trying, but it would seem that all he had really been doing was angering the other. Or at the very least annoying him. Tom had not lashed out at him, for which he was incredibly grateful but a part of him would have relished that lash out. At least it would mean that he was paying attention to him. 

He exited the library without a look back towards where Tom was sitting, having slumped back in his chair, glancing over to the blonde making his exit. He was...not feeling regret, nor guilt, but he felt something uncomfortable worrying him. Draco was...acting oddly, to him he felt. Though he could not realy put a specific name to what he felt was going on with the Malfoy boy he knew that there was something, something he was not sure that he wanted to delve into. The blonde had a myraid amount of insecurities for someone in Slytherin, but he was not as easily exploited as one would think despite all of that. Draco was an incredibly valuable asset, and he would need to do something to ensure the other that he still cared for him. 

So frustrating. He thought to himself, though he did not get up and walk after Draco. He would approach the other later, when there was more free time, outside of his plotting. He knew how to get to Malfoy's, and strangely enough it was very different to how many would believe it to be, but he had done so with Abraxas in his time, and he would do with Draco in this one. They had not changed as much as they would like to say they had. 

Draco however, managed to keep his gaze steadily forwards, and walk out the library without mishaps, but a part of him was horribly disappointed that Tom had not called him back to talk. He supposed it was bound to be difficult, he had to remember, that Tom was not used to this sort of atmosphere. Tom had seemed quite outcased, and used to it, when he had first come to Draco, and therefore, he was probably not used to trying to figure this friends thing out. Draco would just have to be patient, let Tom work himself out, and then he would be there whenever he decided to share with him.

"Draco," Lucius glanced up from the conversation he and his wife were having when he noticed the youth. "What is it?" Lucius questioned as the other was petulantly sitting in the living area having dropping onto one of the arm chairs. Draco, however, was far less forthcoming, as he merely sighed, shaking his head. 

"It is nothing to worry yourself over, Father," Draco said gently, not wanting to anger his father either. I seem to be on a roll when it comes to angering people. Draco thought to himself. 

The thought startled himself a bit. He had not thought that Tom's mood would affect him so badly, yet it had. He just twisted around, letting his jaw clench, not wanting to be alone but also not wanting to speak to anyone. He should have kept his mouth silent and just stayed in the library with Tom. 

"Did you and Tom get into another fight?" Narcissa asked gently. Draco leveled a dark look towards his mother. 

"It is nothing," He hissed. 

"Draco!" Lucius reprimanded, his voice nothing more than a hiss. The other flinched at the tone, knowing full well that he had crossed a line. "Don't make me take you to the office." Gritting his teeth Draco just bowed out a small apology towards his mother. Now...Now he definitely just wished to be alone. 

Why do I seem to just annoy everyone lately? Draco questioned himself. Tom did not want to be around him, despite what he had claimed earlier in the week, something which had caused Draco to really think that they would...would go forwards, and it was obvious that perhaps...perhaps to Tom he was nothing more than a means to an end. He hated to think like that, but a part of him was really beginning to wonder.