Plans

"Luckily, potions teacher here is our head of house." Malfoy continued, as though he were stating something that was dangerous. Who knows, Tom did not really know this Slytherin teacher. Not well. The only time that he had met him was for a few seconds. "The Gryffs won't be able to pull much. Not that it stops them from trying to." Tom rolled his eyes, it was expected. The gryffindors were rambunctious and impulsive with an overly developed sense of righteousness. What was right was right, and yet they did not even have all of the facts when attempting to discern that. It annoyed him to no end and it was one of the reasons he disliked gryffindors so much. One of many which Tom could list off for scrolls of paper and yet still had more to go on about.

"At least there is that. Is the Potions Professor good?" Tom asked softly. SlugHorn was acceptable as a teacher, however many times the potions could be improved in many ways, something that Tom was not blind to. Malfoy nodded eagerly, eyes bright as he did so.

"Amazing. He taught me for a long while before I came to Hogwarts. One of the very few half bloods who were Admitted into the Slytherin house." Tom hummed, filing that information away for future reference. "He was the youngest potions master in history as well." That was more fascinating. it would seem that this man was more...powerful and intelligent then perhaps Tom had previously given him credit to be. Though, the sheer fact that he was a half-blood was interesting enough. Tom had been the only one in his time. It was not very common that anything other then Purebloods are placed within Slytherin.

He knew that the majority of Slytherins were pure bloods, after all it was obvious. Many Purebloods were extremely powerful, and more then capable. Something that was less common in Half-Bloods or muggle borns. Purebloods were often more able to handle the qualifications which Salazar had for his students, and that was as many Purebloods raise their children to be that way as a general rule. Most of them at least. It was a very common theme among Slytherin purebloods. Many pureblood nobles had certain expectations of their offspring and as many families were also engaged within the political theme it was one fast way to cultivate cunning and care and ambition in their children. Though sometimes it did not happen as the family thinks, as some Slytherin families had offspring who went into other houses, it worked quite well and that was not common. Though Slytherin was one house that had never housed a muggle born, there were some half bloods sprinkled here and there. HalfBloods which usually came from extremely powerful, and often highly dark families. It made some wonder if perhaps the power aspect was part of the reason why Slytherins get chosen. Tom did not really think that, however, he just believed that a true Slytherin would cultivate their power as much as possible, especially if they are among muggles. As he had done, after all it would not do to accidentally blow something up, especially if one is surrounded by their enemies.

"What about the other teachers?" Tom asked. He knew none of the teachers, other then supposedly the History of Magic teacher, who was dead now, something that he would have to be careful for, however if the teacher was anything like he was when Tom was here last he would not have to actually worry about such a thing. The teacher was incredibly boring and dull. Tom himself had difficulty paying attention in his class, and often just read various other textbooks whilst in his class about the history of the Wizarding world. It would not do to fail the class after all, and Tom had been rather curious about a few of the things that had happened, and so he had merely checked out library books and read them during the class. When the teacher had figured that out, Tom was lauded for his efforts to understand, of course that could be partially because the teacher felt pity for him having been raised as a muggle and knowing nothing about the Wizarding world. He doubted the same praise would have been given to one of pure blood descent.

Tom had hoped perhaps Dumbledore could have at the very least given them some sort of competent teachers, outside of the potions master of course, but any Slytherin teacher was bound to be at least partially competent. However, as Draco rolled his eyes, he caught the jist, and his hopes were dashed quite swiftly. Then again, how could he expect anything else, of course. Apparently, most of the other teachers were barely adequate and Tom wanted to groan and throw something. Dumbledore was clearly something else. Did he want the school to fall into ruin? Though Tom could not help but think perhaps that was the case after all.

"Wonderful." He hissed out, eyes flashing darkly as his annoyance overtook him momentarily. He swallowed, trying to calm himself down before he attracted unwanted attention. He already had a whole staff of teachers likely going to be watching him on Dumbledore's orders, he most certainly did not need to be attracting unwanted student attention either. Draco, for his part, said nothing, just watched him, eyes slightly wider than normally.

"Don't worry." He said simply, a small smile carving itself on his face. "I'm sure we can fix the holes in education ourselves." Tom smirked.

"Please, I doubt the library has anything even remotely useful. Dumbledore probably did a purge of all the books that were not 'pure and light'." Tom said with a slight hiss. His displeasure was obvious. "Still, it would not hurt to look. Would you be willing to go with me during our free period?" Tom asked, tilting his head and glancing at Draco.
"Why not? I don't have anything useful to do anyways."