2

Tom grit his teeth as Dumbledore placed a hand on his shoulder, unknowingly placing more pressure on his wounds, and causing him more pain. It was not as though the old coot could know, he would give the idiot that. Tom knew if Dumbledore did know he would play at being concerned, and he refused to admit such a thing anyways, such things were weaknesses that he did not need Dumbledore knowing that he had. Therefore, Tom made sure that he caught his breath before any notion of pain could leave his body. The pain was one thing, but that was not even beginning to mention that the idiot professor's very touch caused him to feel an itch crawl up his arm, making him sorely tempted to rip the old man's fingers from his body, wanting to scrub his entire body until it was raw. The man did not lift his grip, however, making him more and more angry. He hissed, eyes flashing at Dumbledore, his hiss much more snake-like than anything Dumbledore had previously heard from the boy, causing him to abruptly release the child from his hold. He gave the other a small, tentative smile, trying to hide his alarm. 

"I am going to need school supplies," Tom began abruptly. "Robes, books, things such as that. The faculty are going to need to be told there is a new student in their midst, and I am going to need to be sorted." Tom said simply as they were waiting patiently. "Well, Resorted I suppose." Dumbledore nodded silently his agreement. Tom scoffed. 

"I will handle all of your expenses, Tom, do not worry about that, as for your sorting. You will need to go through it once more, you never know, you may get a different house." Tom whirled around on the man. His eyes holding a dangerously dark glare. The assumption left him shaking in anger. The old man may dare? How could he even think such a thing? After everything Tom had gone through to prove himself a part of the Slytherin community, he would dare to think Tom would even begin to fit another? 

"Do you honestly think that I would ever be suited to any other house?" He asked Dumbledore, tilting his head mockingly. Dumbledore sighed heavily. 

"No, I do not." Tom rolled his eyes, yet, betraying him, he felt a sense of relief flood through his body. He did not know if the other noticed, but before any response could be made, the door opened to expose a pudgey woman with shocking red hair. Tom blinked, staring at her without quite meaning to do so.

Weasleys. He knew them. The Weasleys in his time were known for mocking him, something he never let slide of course, and were more Gryffindor than Godric himself. He could never stand them. He knew that they were purebloods, and yet even other purebloods did not care for them. Tom was already less than happy with this living arrangement. 

"Molly, how nice to see you." Dumbledore greeted graciously. Tom grit his teeth at the stupid sound of the elder's voice. It would seem everything was setting him on edge as of today. Not surprising, he was given quite the shock and then Dumbledore was literally forced on him and now he had to deal with the old man. It was understandable that he was so agitated in the first place, let alone his unique circumstances. 

"Dumbledore, this is a surprise!" She sounds so stupidly happy to see the old man. Although, given her ancestors I suppose it is not surprising. Many may think that she had a motherly voice, and it may bring them comfort, Tom wanted to gouge her tongue from her mouth. She was so excited to see the pathetic excuse for a wizard, and for whatever reason why Tom would never know. "And who is your guest?"

"He will be attending Hogwarts in the fall," Dumbledore stated simply. "Unfortunately, there is none to look after him, I was hoping you would be willing." Molly smiled softly, pity in her gaze, which just made Tom want to curse her. He will show her what to do with her pity. 

"Of course. I am certain Sirius will not mind in the least." 

"Thank you, Molly, dear. I must be leaving now, but I shall leave Tom in your care." Molly waved as Dumbledore apparated off, leaving Tom and this Molly on the doorstep, but not without a warning glare to him which caused Tom to roll his eyes. He was going to be stuck with a family of Gryffindors. Lovely. Typical Dumbledore.

"Come in, come in, there are so many for you to meet...BOYS GET DOWN HERE!! Wait until you meet them all I am sure they will want to get to know you...EVERYONE GET IN THE LIVING ROOM...are you hungry? Dinner is almost done but if you want something to eat I could whip something up real fast." Tom shook his head, a bit baffled by the sudden mix of screaming and soft tones. 

"No, Thank you, Ma'am," Tom said softly. Despite his annoyance and hatred he could not allow it to show. He had a part to play, he needed to do his part after all. He had to heal and needed a place to stay while summer was here anyways. 

The living area filled rather quickly. Soon he knew more people than he really cared for. Molly, Arthur, Ron, Percy, Ginny, Fred, and George Weasley. Sirius Black (whom Tom highly suspected was the opposite of his family if his company was anything to go by), Hermione Granger, and Harry Potter. Though, he assumed perhaps this Potter person was important within the world of Wizards because the people seemed shocked when he did not react...at all. 

"Are you muggle-born, dear?" Molly asked gently. Tom glared at her, grinding his teeth.

"I am a Half-Blood!" He growled. "I was just...raised...in the muggle world. My mother died giving birth." He hated...hated...hated the look of pity in their eyes as he said it. 

"Oh...Oh no. Sorry, we should not make assumptions," Arthur said eyes sad. Tom wanted to gouge them from his face. 

"Come, Sirius, Arthur, perhaps we should let Ron, Harry, and the others get acquainted. Ginny, come with me to the kitchen wouldn't you." Ginny complained but did as told. 

Tom was now stuck with Ron, Harry, and Hermione. Fred and George scampered off somewhere, whilst Percy claimed he had other things to do. He was not thrilled with this development. He could practically taste the Gryffindorness shooting from their souls. 

"So, you are going to be attending Hogwarts with us?" Tom nodded to Ron's question. "What year are you going into?"

"5th," he said softly. He did not much care for these people, and he was still in pain. He wanted to just lay down. 

"5th year. You'll be in the same year as us!" Hermione said excitedly. 

"Yes, I suppose I will. Is there a problem with that?" He asked a bit defensive staring at them darkly.

"No, no of course not." She hastily assured. Tom did not want her stupid reassurances. 

"I assume you know the houses?" Harry asked, hoping to befriend the boy. 

"Yes, I know about the houses. It would be a bit sad if I didn't." Tom replied scathingly. He really did not want to deal with this right now. 

"What...what house do you think you'll be in?" Harry asked nervously. He hoped perhaps Gryffindor. He doubted the other would be in Slytherin, he just did not have that feel. Besides, he was a half blood. there was no way that he would be allowed in Slytherin. 

"You will certainly find that out as well as when I go through the sorting." Tom growled, having enough of them already. "Now, if you will please show me to a room, I am tired, and have had a very long day." He omitted the being injured part. He was certain with these three's Gryffindor nature they would jump to aid him since he didn't currently have a house, but he also refused to show that he was vulnerable. Refused.
...

The house shook, and Tom screamed eyes flashing under his lids, his body arching up as he writhed in terror of what was happening in the dream. Of course, his waking hours were filled with the same as his night ones. Nightmares were common enough, but they were typically not this bad. He couldn't force himself to wake either, his eyes fluttering. His magic curled around him protectively, as his mind plunged him into a horrible spiral of pain and memories and fear. The door to his room slammed open in haste and Sirius, Arthur, and Molly rushed in. Sirius rushed to wake the boy but Tom's magic lashed out heavily, sending Sirius flying. Molly tried, but the same result was obtained. The boy was still screaming and crying, nothing real but the nightmare he experienced. Molly paled and spoke clearly.