Calming

So maybe he was a bit nervous. He would not dare admit such things, but perhaps, just perhaps, he felt a small, very small, portion of anxiety crawl through him as the Elf led him down the stairs of the Manor. Not that he would admit it even if it were obvious, which it was not, the point was that he was anxious. Even if he would never dare say such a thing aloud. Abraxas...He had not seen him for a long while, and while he was sure Dumbledore felt it all good and well to pretend he was the Dark Lord's son, he doubted that Abraxas would believe such things. There were simply too many similarities. Tom would not debase himself to acting differently then himself. His acts and his facades were ever changing, to fit the situation, of course, but there was only so many of them that he could do. He refused to play anything other then what he usually did. Painfully polite, hiding all of his fears and his insecurities under a mask of gentleman politeness. What else was he to do? He refused to admit anything was wrong, and would never go to Dumbledore for help. While Draco had warned him that it was likely Abraxas may come before their little ball or whatever it was they wished to call it, Tom realized quite steadily as he hit the ground floor and entered into the drawing room, heading towards the dining area, that he was just simply unprepared for it.

Of course that would not stop him. He would not so easily cave to his pathetic emotions. He was to remain in control, after all how could he simply allow something as pathetic as feelings mar what he wished to do? Or what he needed to do in order to survive here. Furthermore just thinking of how annoyed Dumbledore would be at the realization that he was beginning to gain various allies was more then worth the efforts. As such, he must do this. So, naturally, he would turn this into whatever advantage that he possibly could. He was not one to balk at trouble, nor back down just because something was dangerous. He would follow this through. He knew exactly how to do it, and that was what he would do. Though this Abraxas was likely much different than the one which he had previously gone to school with, he still knew people. He knew how to manipulate situations to his advantage. The less which was spoken, the better, after all. He was beginning to think...yes, that was perfect.

He followed the HouseElf, feeling marginally better now that he had clearly thought everything through. It was always important to have a clear path with which one wanted to take, especially in uncertain situations such as this. Tom liked being able to have at the very least an idea of what he wanted to do. It was best not to have a solid plan, otherwise should something go wrong, you had very little room to improvise. It was not a good idea to have no plan whatsoever, however, and Tom would never stand for such things. To go into such a situation with no plan whatsoever was....stupid. Granted, he had to change his plan of action, considering Abraxas evidently had returned much sooner then previously planned. However, having thought everything that he had already admitted to both Draco and Lucius, he knew exactly how to proceed. 

Tom entered the dining room, his dark but bright gaze slowly sweeping over everyone in the room. There were four people, outside of himself of course, total. The young one he knew to be Draco, was sitting on the side of the table. Across from Draco was his mother, and Lucius, his father. Towards the end of the table was who could only be Abraxas. Tom ensured that he did not stare for too long. It would not do to have the man suspicious, after all. Tom's eyes and expression betrayed nothing of what he felt, but Draco ushered him towards himself. Tom gave a small quirk of his lips, barely noticeable as he sat next to the boy. Upon taking his seat besides the boy, he turned his blank stare to the tabletop. 

A set of HouseElves set the table with various dishes and eating ware, as Tom relented to the fact that he was being watched. He rather disliked it, but he would not do anything to stop it. He could, and the thoughts of what he could easily do in order to ensure that they never so much as dared take one wrong glance in his direction crossed his mind, but Tom merely closed his eyes and calmed his emotions. He may dislike this, but to take any action would not be wise. Mainly given the fact that he was guest and the fact that he would not allow such a weakness to be exposed without his consent. It was never wise to have such weaknesses and Tom often merely refused to acknowledge them. It worked most of the time. 

"So," Abraxas began as they began their meal. Tom was careful with this. Though he had spent an entire summer at the Black family residence, and the fact that he had spent half of the year at Hogwarts, he was still half starving. Likely because a large portion of that time was him spending more time studying during their mealtimes than actually going to the meals themselves. As such, he was still starving, ravenous, yet he would not cave to something so mere as food. He ensured that he did not eat much, and he did not eat too quickly, following his own pace just behind Draco's. "I hear you just started at Hogwarts." Tom watched Abraxas carefully. 

"Yes Sir," He said simply. He did not take his gaze off of the table, but he could feel Abraxas practically staring at him. 

"I see," Abraxas hummed softly. "What are you?" 

"Half-Blood Sir," Tom replied dutifully. It would seem as though neither Draco nor Lucius had informed Abraxas of anything, or Abraxas was trying to see if he faltered. 

"Lucius has informed me that you have inherited property from your family which have been deceased." So perhaps they had said something to the other it would seem.

"That is correct," Tom said blandly. 

"If you would like Draco and I would love to accompany you to wherever this...place is." Tom merely nodded once. "After the ball of course. It is begins tomorrow evening. I would hate to rush your visit." 

"That is fine, Sir, any time which you are comfortable with is more then acceptable." Tom replied politely. Abraxas hummed curiously, watching him with careful eyes. 

"How did you come to go to Hogwarts...so late at that?" Tom breathed out softly.

"I am not entirely certain of that, myself, Sir. Headmaster Dumbledore," Tom swallowed back the natural hatred which he had every time he was forced to so much as mention the old man, that would not do. He almost slipped up. In his time, Dumbledore was merely a professor, and he had taken to stubbornly calling the man Professor, even when he showed a clear dislike of it. It was simple, but gave Tom quite the amusement. "Simply came and dragged me to Grimuald Place." He said, voice even and without emotional inflection. "I was then sorted, and placed within the Slytherin house," The hint of pride which entered his tone Tom could not, nor would he, force from his voice. "I met Draco, as well as his friends. That is what I know. Should you wish a more detailed account it would be wise to ask Headmaster Dumbledore." Abraxas nodded simply.

"Of course," he said softly. "You simply...remind me a lot of someone I used to know." The elder admitted. Tom smirked slightly, ensuring none could see it. Amusement was dancing in his eyes. 

"Is that right?"

"Yes, a young classmate I used to have." 

"I am sure that they were quite fascinating then," Tom said simply.

"Indeed," Abraxas agreed, watching him carefully. "They were." He seemed to shake himself out of some sort of reverie. "I suppose we could visit your newly acquired property the  day after tomorrow. If that would be alright?"

"Of course, Sir," Tom agreed.