33

Tom had realized there was something more going on when he did not see the blonde for the next two days. He had not noticed at first, too preoccupied with readying his plot for Dumbledore at the welcome back feast, but it was something that he had noticed by the second day. It was not common that he did not see Draco at all for at least one day. Yet, the boy was avoiding the mealtimes, given that they were not necessary considering Draco had a guest over. According to Draco, they typically were mandatory assuming that he was just with the family, and the entire family was home, or if Lucius was bringing important people over. That was when these little dinner and breakfasts were mandatory. Yet, he had missed at least three, which was not overly...normal, despite the fact that they were not currently mandatory. He was getting more than a bit annoyed at the overreaction.

Granted, Tom had not been overly kind, he was able to accept such a thing. He had been focused on something of importance, which he knew that Draco understood, yet he also knew that Draco was quite emotional, for all that he would try and play otherwise. He supposed he had done some rather unforgiveable thing, yet he was as of yet unable to figure out what it was. They were not supposed to be fighting so passively. He wondered what was different, with him over some of his friends. Draco would never allow such things to give when it came to the sort of fights that he got in with his other friends. He was going to have to speak with Draco, on a great deal of things it would seem. He supposed this was a given.

Now that he had figured out the entire plot for the first feast back, he knew that there was more to the story with what was bothering Draco. Sure, his neglect over the boy was definitely problematic, but he doubted that was the sole reason that Draco was upset. It was usually multiple upsets, from what Tom had managed to gather. Either way, it was going to have to be fixed. They were returning to Hogwarts in but a day or two now. It would not due for Draco to still be angry with him. It left the atmosphere...horribly tense and not in the fun way.

It was with that thought processes that Tom was knocking on Draco's door, demanding entrance. He knew that he would be given it, despite the fact that they were fighting, and he was correct in his assumptions, Draco easily opening the door for him, though not looking at him as he did so, something that he was not entirely sure that he cared for. He sighed and let himself walk through and enter the room.

It was still as immaculate as ever. Perhaps a bit...too immaculate. Tom was familiar with barren rooms, all too familiar with them if he was honest. In the Orphanage, all you had was bare, there were no little knicknacks, not unless you wished to risk getting them stolen. Tom had realized quite early that it was useless to put value in such things, considering they never really tended to go well before he got a hang of his powers. Afterwards, it was better, nobody dared to touch anything of his, but in the end it did not matter, as he no longer had any sort of care for those sorts of stupid material objects anymore.

"Hello Draco," Tom said simply, sitting himself on the blonde's bed. He leaned against the metal poles at the foot of the bed, staring at the boy. He seemed to be...slightly disheveled. Not overly so, but noticeably more so then was normal for him. 'malfoy's must keep up appearances' according to the blonde, which apparently meant in the house as well. Tom did not care much for it, though he definitely understood the necessary of it.

"Hello, Tom," His voice was rather dimmed as well. Tom narrowed his eyes momentarily at the blonde. He did not look at Tom, even still, despite everything. Tom sighed heavily, and wanted to roll his eyes at the insanity of this situation.

"What is wrong? I have not seen you out and about the house in a while. I...Was worried." He admitted, forcing the words through his throat. It got the reaction he wanted either way, as cystalline eyes turned to stare at him with shock glazed in them.

"I...We are...courting..." Draco muttered. He swallowed, as Tom seemed to wait for him to say more, not offering any sort of help with regards to what he was going to try and speak up about. "I just...Is that just because you need me, or my family for something?" Draco questioned. "Because, I get this feeling that you don't actually want to be with me, that it is just about some...obligation, or necessity."

"What makes you think that?" Tom questioned.

"You don't talk to me, we scarcely speak anymore, it has been a week since I agreed to your courting, and yet, we do not speak together anymore, I have to fight any sense of talking from you, and typically it ends in you getting upset, or frustrated. I know that I can be agitating at best but...But I just..." Draco stopped, shaking his head, not wanting to speak more on the subject anymore.

"Draco, my love, come here." Tom said softly, waiting until Draco was within his reach before cupping his face and dragging his eyes to face him. He stared at the boy, a sad look in his face. "I apologize. I have been neglecting you. I should not have done so. It is on me, but do not think for a moment that I am not serious about this courting. I am, I do care for you, and I admire you. I should have realized sooner that you wished to speak with me more, and for such a thing the fault is on me."

"I..."

"I will make it up to you, and show you that I am sorry. I know that words can only mean so much. Allow me to show you, please." Draco inhaled and sighed, nodding once.

"Of course."