Shopping

Tom was currently being dragged through Diagon alley by Draco and his father. He did not want to hurt the youth's feeling, but he did not know that it was necessarily important to ensure that he had brand new robes for this...this affair. However, Draco had already insisted, and it would not do well for him to anger the other. Lucius was in agreement, but Tom could not really bear to complain too much as they the Malfoy's were the ones paying for everything. Tom was not about to complain when that was the case, why should he? He could definitely use the same robes on other occasions, and therefore it would be wise to just let them. 

That did not mean he had to enjoy being dragged all around Diagon Alley trying to find the 'perfect set' of robes. He was not sure if this was common place when the Malfoy's were buying robes, though he did know that the family did tend to have some rather viciously vain people within the bloodline. Tom believed it was a genetically inherited trait at this point. Perhaps learned behavior. Most of the pureblood families tended to be rather vain. All except the Weasley family from what he remembered. He did not pay much attention to them, to be honest. Then again, he also could understand the reasoning behind it. Looking decent was rather important to ones' image and most people were more likely to trust a handsome person rather then an ugly one, for whatever reason. He did not know the reason why, but it would broke somE interest. 

Either way, they spent several hours before the ball trying to get Tom good robes that they found  acceptable enough for him to wear. Tom was growing tired, and when he grew tired with something he grew annoyed with it. They were currently debating the colour that he should wear, and honestly, Tom was getting aggravated with everything. He felt that he had been decent enough, being poked and prodded by various assistants of various clothing shops in their attempt to find the perfect fit. He was quite patient with them, and had been for quite some time. 

"Young Master," Tom muttered, gently taking Draco's attention away from the conversation, causing the other to look at him, with a raised brow. Tom inwardly cursed himself. Of course, they do not speak in such ways anymore. No matter, he would feign ignorance. "Perhaps we could just go with what is familiar?" He tilted his voice towards the end, making it seem like a question. He needed the Malfoy's to trust him, after all, and he would not be dwell seen making demands. 

"Familiar?" Draco gasped lightly. "Of course." Draco swiftly turned around. "Father, Tom does look rather good in darker hues." Lucius paused, dragging his gaze from his son to the other boy. 

"Of course," Lucius muttered to himself. He turned swiftly to the tailor. "Make it a deep purple with silver linings." He demanded. "That would be wonderful, I think," He said with a small smile to Tom. "Let us go, I have some places I need to visit." Tom nodded simply, and he and Draco followed him towards the door. "The tailor should be done in about an hour, so we shall return by then." Tom simply nodded, he did not care much. 

"Where are we going, Father?" Draco asked, following his father diligently. 

"You two are going to stay at Florish and Botts while I go and take care of some business," Lucius said simply, staring at the two of them. Draco was about to complain, but Tom intervened before he could say anything.

"Thank you, we will enjoy it, I am sure." Draco stared at Tom in shock, and somewhat disbelief, but Tom resolutely ignored him and gave the elder Malfoy a small smile before turning on his heel, and gripping Draco tightly by the wrist, dragging him towards the book store. 

"Silence," He hissed under his breath as Draco was about to turn around and try and get his father to change his mind. Draco shut up quite quickly. 

Not that Draco would ever admit such a thing if he were asked about it, but the way the other spoke left chills running down Draco's spine. It was almost as though he were hissing at him animalistically. He would never admit that such a tone had him frightened enough to actually obey the words which were spoken to him, and if anyone asked he just saw something interesting, not that he was actually frightened enough to listen to Tom. Still, the truth was that Tom had clearly frightened him somewhat. 

"I wish to look at a few things," Tom muttered under his breath, bar early loud enough for Draco to hear. Given the dark aura the boy was projecting, Draco realized quite quickly it would not do to argue with him. 

"What are you looking for?" Draco asked...tentatively, not really sure if he wanted to know the answer. Tom rolled his eyes but did not answer, continuing to drag Draco to Florish and Botts in lue of doing so. 

"We shall be here whenever you return," Tom said directly to Lucius inclining his head slightly, not up to looking the other in the eyes. He mentally chanted what had been a quite common phrase of what he needed to do here. He could not allow the others to be suspicious of who he was. It was important that they underestimated him, and therefore Tom could not afford any mistakes. He was trying very hard to curb his habits that he had grown up giving within the magical world. It was much more difficult then he had previously believed it to be. Small things, he was forced to be very careful of. 

"Of course, thank you Tom, you may buy whatever catches your interest, on myself, of course. Draco, make sure whatever he desires is bought for. It would not do to force him here for an hour and not be a good host now would it?" Lucius asked, quietly, to Draco.

"No father," Draco replied instantly. "I shall do as you have asked." 

"Thank you, I will return shortly," He said, voice returning to its natural volume. "I trust you will keep yourselves entertained," was the last of what he said before turning towards Knockturn alley. 

Tom was suddenly incredibly grateful that he was not going with the Malfoys. He worked in various stores within Knockturn alley, and it would not do to have more people suspicious of his connections. He knew that the Malfoy's would be, but he did not need more then that.

"Come on," Tom said, dragging Draco into the store.