Lands

Tom was relieved once the stupid party was finally over. May he say he did not particularly take to such large gatherings of people. He had always hated them more then he can say. He will deal with them, yes, but his dislike for them grew immensely with every moment he was forced to attend one. Abraxas had forced him to attend a few during the course of their...limited in Tom's recollection, friendship. However, he had always shared an intense dislike for all of the extravagance that was utterly unnecessary. Furthermore, it was the principle that he disliked as well. For Tom, how he saw it, was that these galas were essentially for people to kiss up to each other. Tom disliked the obvious flattery that was being taken far too seriously by the person upon which it was bestowed. While he could see the definite advantage of galas for obtaining allies, and such, he simply did not like the falsity that perforated through the entire event. 

Though, perhaps he would like it more so if he did not see so clearly through all of the false flattery. Tom had always been rather observant, and his natural skills in legitimacy increased the likelihood that he would be able to tell when someone was lying to him. It was not necessarily the liar or the lie that Tom hated either. He himself lied all of the time. He cared little if people lied, but it was the process that they used. 

While he may not really mind lies as a general whole, he despised those who could not lie well. If someone was going to lie at least have the decency to put some effort and thought into the lies that they used. These stupid galas were nothing but filled with pathetic lies. It annoyed him to death. It was the fact that he knew when peopled lied to his face that annoyed him, not that they were lying. Perhaps a stupid way to think about it, but that had always been the case for Tom. He could appreciate a well thought out lie. 

"Ah, young Tom, are you ready?" Abraxas asked, Tom turned to the eldest Malfoy, eyes glancing towards Draco, before straightening and nodding once. 

"Yes, Sir, I am," he said formally. Draco just rolled his eyes at his propriety. Tom knew that he was being overly formal, but how else was he supposed to address Abraxas? Tom had no idea what to think about that. Just a half year ago this was his friend, of sorts he supposed. 

"Then, let us go. If you could give me the address." Abaxas said, holding out his hand towards the other. Tom swallowed before giving a strained smile and just grabbing his wand, writing it through the air. 

"There," He said softly, watching as Abraxas stared at the address deeply. Tom knew he was going to apparate Draco and himself to the house, so he could only hope that the other man knew what he was doing. He knew Abraxas was quite powerful, but Tom still was wary of him.

It could not really be helped. the elder, though they became more amicable in the last year before he got jerked forwards like this, he knew he would always be wary of Abraxas. Abraxas was the one who was...less then favourable in his eyes. Though they had begun to get close, and from what little he could glean, they had become great friends in the future, he was not his future self. He was himself, and as such he could not help it. 

"Ah," Abraxas said softly. He straightened his boy and nodded, smiling at Tom, who just stared at him blankly. He was not entirely sure he liked where this was going. "If you will hold onto my sleeves." He said calmly. 

"I would rather hold Draco," Tom said simply, moving Draco towards his grandfather, and then gripping Draco's forearm tightly. "Let us go, if you will," Tom said, casting his eyes onto Abraxas, daring him to comment. 

Abraxas felt a familiar chill run down his spine at the look. That would be a dare that he simply would not take the young Lord up on. He just smiled at the young boy, and nodded gently, and with a twist, he pulled the three to the address which Tom had given.

Tom gasped as he landed on the grassy plain. His body had jolted and his entire being was shoved forwards. He would never come to be capable of expecting such an unpleasant feeling he did not really think.

He looked before him, his curious eyes taking in the place around him. It was rather...decrepit. He was not going to lie, this place was more then just a little run down, it was horrible overgrown and looked awfully like nobody had dared step foot in this place in years. The grass was horribly overgrown, and the trees which Tom guessed would have lined the walkway nicely several years ago were tangled and gnarled now. The walkway towards the house was horribly cracked and some of the bricks were actively out of place entirely. The actual house, Tom shuddered. 

The house alone was likely magnificent at one point, but not anymore. He could not say what exactly would have happened to the house, his only guess was that none was there to care for it. The door alone looked about ready to cave inwards. The wood itself was not necessarily rotted in, but Tom would definitely have at the very least used some repairing spells to aid it's integrity. The Slytherin crest on the front of the door enamored him however. He could spend hours looking at it, and he doubted that he would ever find himself bored of it. It was...astounding to him.

Then again, it should be. Tom was a Slytherin, and he would always find pride in being a Slytherin. It was not something that he would easily detract from himself. He would never want to do that either. 

On the other hand, the place was horribly downtrodden. The wooden house itself was just...old. Tom could barely stand to look at it. He curled his lip in disgust.