Approve

Tom Riddle took several deep breaths as he stared at his reflection in the mirror before him standing as he was, with the robes which Lucius had been so gracious to provide, the books which he had obtained from Flourish and Botts curtesy of Draco, stacked on the bed. He had found quite a few interesting titles, though he had not gathered too many, too self conscious to be asking too much of Draco. It was mostly Draco watching him with hawklike eyes and snatching any book he so much showed a hint of interest in. Abraxas had done the same what was several years ago now. Tom knew that he needed to stop placing comparisons, it was not good...for anyone, and yet he found it to be just so difficult. He did his best and yet he could not help but wonder...and draw them. He was having more trouble then he cared to admit adjusting to the new time period.

 He liked the look, though, it crossed his mind as he mentally assessed himself in the mirror that black and purple would have probably gone better then purple and silver. Still, Lucius was correct in his assume that that the purple would look good on him, and he was thankful Draco had brought it up to his father. He had to agree that it was most certainly a good look, and he liked how the silver accentuated it but did not drag the eyes away from the colour, but rather complimented the deep plume of purple. Still, he was hesitant to leave the room. He still felt hat he looked...way too much like the time he did when Abraxas invited him to one of these stupid events. Of course, that was two years ago to his time. It would be so much longer for Abraxas. Years, he doubted Abraxas even remembered, he was not sure that he wanted Abraxas to remember. It could cause quite a few complications. He had also been wearing black and green, not purple and silver, but from what he could gather, Abraxas already though he reminded him of...well himself. He did not really know what to do about that. 

He needed to stop with it. He doubted Abraxas would care much. The Tom that he knew grew into a paranoid freak. Tom did not know what would cause him to do such things, but he could feel something stab his heart at the realization. The...understanding of the fact that Abraxas probably hated Tom Riddle. Hated what he had become. Hated him. He did not know how to feel about that. What broke him so severely? He was not sure that he wanted to know, it would have happened this year. His fifth year.

"Tom," A tentative knock on the door startled Tom away from the mirror, away from his thoughts. He inhaled sharply, lifting his eyes to the ceiling, a sudden rush of...something, throwing him for a loop as it combined with the tight tangle he had felt seconds previously. He did not understand the sudden rush that he was feeling and the contrasts of them, and he could not say that he liked it. Still, there was not much time and usually he would question the feelings and take time to figure them out, but he also did not have time to assess the emotion at the moment, he had a door to answer and a ball to attend. Which he did, promptly, sliding the door open to reveal the youngest Malfoy, and Draco sliding in as though it was expected, though Tom supposed that it sort of was. Draco's own light eyes eyed him critically. Tom found that he did not particularly like that feeling much. It was too...too much for him. He did not appreciate it. Too all seeing, and for some reason he felt that Draco always noticed too much, much more then he admitted aloud. It made him quite uncomfortable. 

"You look good." He praised. Tom withheld his words just watching Draco with blank eyes. "Come on, father is waiting downstairs. We much introduce the guests." Tom bit his tongue, holding back from his thoughts on that. He did not particularly feel as though it was necessary. he was merely a guest. 

"Master Abraxas is downstairs?" Tom asked softly. Draco glanced at him oddly before nodding slightly. 

"Of course he is. GrandFather is a part of the malfoy family if not the head of the house anymore. It would not look well should he not be there." Tom nodded in understanding, steeling himself. 

His acquaintance had grown well. That was something that Tom could say. He wondered how much Abraxas knew, about him. About the past that Tom tried so hard to forget, the home he tried to erase. He could not help but wonder and yet that made things so much more difficult. The Malfoys were all dressed in light blues. Draco himself looked so elegant, it was hard to see. 

Abraxas' dark eyes watched as he descended the stars carefully and without a sound. Tom, careful to hide his emotions under a mask, simply tilted his head to the side a little, eyes blank. 

"Tom, you look wonderful," Abraxas said approvingly, turning to Lucius. "Well done," He said simply. Lucius smirked slightly. 

"It was Draco that gave me the idea." Lucius informed proudly. Draco straightened as Abraxas looked at him and nodded once. Tom ignored the interactions without a care. 

"Tom," Abraxas addressed, causing Tom to drag his eyes up to the other carefully. "I have some people I would like to introduce you to. If you would not mind." Tom nodded once.

"Whatever you wish," He said simply, tone bland with nothing but curtesy politeness. Abraxas smiled softly. Seeming to soften somewhat as he watched Tom more and more. 

"Of course, if you would come to me after the guests are all shown in and the part has begun a while I would appreciate it." 

"Of course," Tom inhaled softly. He did not think this would end well.