Chapter 1 - 'Famous cousin'

I sat there on my bed staring at the two outfits I had hung up on the door. After a few minutes of contemplating which one I chose the one on the right.
It was a black tracksuit with a black hoodie to match. It was very dressy for what could be interpreted as a casual outfit.

"Doesn't being you get exhausting?" Ava says as she walks in giving me quick glance before going to her bag to find a hair straightener.

"I don't understand why Hunter is so keen for me to be there, he out of all people know that I have important places to be at tomorrow" I say to Ava.
This party is a inconvenience being the day I have to go help set up and then later promote company at their building which is on the other side of the state. They want me there at 9am.

"He thinks people will talk about him hosting bomb parties if you're there Harry" she says while letting out a little chuckle.
"As of me being his cousin isn't already enough of a bragging right" I say as I'm putting my black balenciaga shoes on.

Dressing nice at a teenage party is risky considering all the expensive clothes my management pays for although the second I don't look the part I know someone who I have no clue will write a story about my image looking bad.

"Let's go" she says as she drags me from where I was comfortably sitting.

We took my car and drove to the next town.  Half of the time I couldn't concentrate on the road as Ava's high pitched singing filled the car.
Ava is such a free spirit and had probably been my only friend since forever. She'd be the one to stand in front of me when bully's had it out for me.

When we arrived I noticed Hunter and a few of his friends out the front.
"There's the famous cousin" I hear one of them say.
The stairs up to his house were steep and I took Hunters hand as he helped me up.
"You drinking tonight?"

"Hunt I'm driving" I say

"Well you can stay here if you want?"

"Can't, got places to be tomorrow"

"We'll cancel them for your favourite cousin ?" He asks

"Hunter you're my only cousin" I roll my eyes and head towards the kitchen.

Just as I was about to put my things down on the kitchen bench I feel a arm come and strangle me from behind. Cole.

I turn around to see Cole Harvey , that one person I was definitely not happy to see. Me and Cole have a complicated history which mainly consists of very harsh back and forth insults. Before high school Cole would constantly come to wherever I was in the play ground and hit me. High school got worse as I copped being thrown into lockers and punched on a daily basis. We were around the same build back then so sometimes when I wasn't having it I would fight back and give him a run for his money.
We never got along but him and Hunter were friends so we tolerated each other to a point. That's until he started going to the gym with hunter and their friends. He's become physically and noticeably strong and that's made things become more physical between us.
I'll usually cop being picked up and thrown in the pool because he thinks it's funny. Luckily Hunter doesn't have a pool, Alex does.

I look up and Cole to notice a devilish smile across his smug face.
"What do I do with you today lil squirt?" He says in the most cocky way possible.
"Let go of me before my management sues you for assault?" I ask him.

"Ooo big H dog's famous now, I forgot", he lets go while ruffling my hair with his left hand and shoving me into the crowd of mostly wasted people with his other hand.
"Go hang out with Issy, fucked that bitch half a hour ago, she'd love to tell you how good I am" Cole yells from behind me.

Yuck, that boy has no respect for anyone. The consistent comments about which chick he banged last night or about who's he's next conquest.

I go to Ava and some of the girls she's with and we chill there for a while.
We all were sitting around the fire place just talking about our passed weeks. 

~

It's getting late and I ask Ava if she needs ride home to my surprise she's staying the night there. Each to their own I guess.

When I walk out the door I hear "Harry let me drive your car!"
It was Hunter and he's noticed the new AMG-A45 sitting in the driveway.
Management gave me a new car because they thought my perfectly fine Alfa Romeo wasn't 'their brand image'.

"You can drive it when you're sober" I tell Hunter as I'm unlocking the car.
"I'm sober" I hear Cole yell out in a almost mocking voice.
"Fuck off please and thanks dipshit" I say back to him to which he flips me the bird and walks back inside.

The drive home was quiet to my surprise I found myself listening to rap which was a change from my typical R&B taste.

When I get home I was greeted by older brother Jace who harassed me on why I was so late and didn't text him. I told him I'm safe and I'm fine to which he seemed to not be as tense anymore.

Jace is 21 and I'm 17.
It's only been a year since my mum passed and since he was already over the age of 18 , he was placed as my legal guardian. Though he's my brother he acts a lot more like a parent than a sibling.

"You have a commitment tomorrow get to bed" he says.

I roll my eyes and nudge passed him to my room which I flop on my bed and pass out immediately.

The Complications that come with ColeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara