Chapter 9 - 'Back to school'

*Cole's Perspective*

Fuck fuck fuck why did Harry have to walk in on that. Why. I pace around my room and keep dialling his number. No response. I fucked up.

The only reason I was in bed with Misty is I was drunk. I wanted to feel something so I wouldn't be so hooked on Harry when he came to the party. Otherwise I would've of been able to control myself and I'd probably start making out with him on the spot infront everyone.

Another fuck up on my part, If only I was honest and came clean to everyone about my feelings for Harry we wouldn't have this problem.

He's not picking up so I text him

Harry can we please talk? What you saw was nothing, I promise

He almost responds on the dot

Why does it matter? It's not like we were a thing? I'm assuming you were just testing the waters with your sexuality? Have fun Cole 💞🤍💞🤍🤍🤍

Looking at his text leaves me dumb founded. I didn't want him to think I was using him and yet it seemed he got the impression of that.

-

I had one more day until school started. I tried calling Harry a few times more and he didn't answer.

I needed to clear my head so I decided to go down to the local shops and see who's around. To my relief I see Hunters car, I pull out my phone and text him he replies almost instantly saying he's sitting at the cafe outside the main centre.
I walk up to him noticing the trolly full of groceries.
"Mum made me shop" hunter says tapping the trolly handle.
"Why are you here anyway Cole?"

"Well it's complicated but I think your cousin hates me"

"Of course he hates you! He's hated you for years, you do give him a lot of shit" Hunter says chuckling to himself
"Also Cole, bro I need to tell you something, if you say a word to anyone I'll rip your tongue out"

"What is it?" I timidity ask Hunter.

"Bro Nicks gay, he told me night of the party, he also asked my permission if he could ask Harry out. Harry and I being cousins and all" Hunter says.

"Well what the fuck did you say" I stubbornly say

"Hey calm down bro" Hunter says holding his hands up.
"I just told Nick he can but if he breaks Harrys heart I'll break his teeth" Hunter shrugs and I sink back in my seat.

I sit there thinking to myself if I was too late. I should've told him then and there rather than waiting for him to walk in with me and some girl I had met once. Or I shouldn't have slept with anyone. I was just trying to control my feelings towards Harry .

"I heard you fucked Misty Greene, she's hot as fuck man" Hunter says. I look at him unamused.
"It's was you that fucked her right?" He asks me.

I sigh letting out a half hearted "yeah.."

-

It's the first day back at school for our last year and I'm arriving at my first class. I had history so I took my usual seat at the back of the class. Before I look away from my phone I hear a "Hey Cole, ready for another painful year?"

I turn to see Blake taking the seat next to me, behind him Hunter and Nick walk in.
"So, how's Harry" hunter mockingly says to Nick.

"Fuck off hunter" Nick grumbles into his hands.
"Both Harry and I decided we'd just be friends, I'm not ready for any relationship though he's fun to hang out with so we decided to keep it like that, plus no, that kid and I are too close of friends to be anything more" Nick says.