Chapter 16 - 'Camp, ugh!'

*Present day*

Opening my eyes was hard. Especially when your bedroom lets all the light in because you're too lazy to get stronger curtains. Today, the big day of being thrown out in the woods for 3 days.
I honestly don't mind , I'm just going to find a nice tree and try read my book in peace.
"Harry I just got off the phone to your teacher" Jace says forgetting to knock and entering my room.

"Yeah?" I ask

"Check the time" Jace says slightly annoyed.

10am Fuck!
The bus to the campground left school a hour ago , this either means I'll have to miss camp or drive there myself.  There was no way I'm missing camp, that'll go down so well on my end of school report.

"Harry you do realise I'll have to drive you 4 hours out of town?" Jace says

"Your the best brother in the whole wide world?" I innocently ask looking up to face my very much pissed off brother.

"Be ready in 10" and with that Jace steps out of the room closing the door a tad harder than he usually does. Yep he's pissed.

For the first hour in the car we both sat in silence. I don't think Jace felt like talking to me and I was too tired to engage in conversation. My brother can be very annoying, even though it's my fault we are driving right now, every time I'd drift off to sleep Jace would break suddenly to keep me awake. Asshole he was when he's mad.

"Can we at least stop for breakfast?" I ask In a irritated tone after he woke me up with the breaks yet again.

"Fine" he says

We pull into the car park of what seems like a small cafe we found passing a small town.

Jace pulls out a 20 dollar bill and hands it to me. "I want a coffee and a sandwich, go" he says. 

"You're not going to come in with me?" I ask him

"Who has to drive eight hours today?" Jace challenges me

"Oh Jace what if my evil ex boyfriend is in that direction of the coffee shop and he kills me?" I say back.

"Fine" Jace whines. I believe I just won. Yay

-

We've been driving for about 3 hours now and I'm starting to get restless. We are nearly there so that's good at least. Jace suggested we take turns driving but I talked him out of it. My poor dearest brother, I feel bad. Probably not how he wanted to spend his Monday.

When we pull up to the campsite I notice a few faces I know setting up their tents.
I got out of the car followed by Jace to find Mr. King. I noticed a lot of heads turn our way from others watching Jace and I walk up to this big building thingy.

"Ah you guys are here!" Sir exclaimed excitedly.
"Harry we've decided we are only staying in tents for one of the two nights here and that is tonight"

"Sir who's my tent partner?" I ask

"We've actually found out we have less tents than we thought, so it's become three to a tent" "you'll be with Cole and Nicholas" he says looking at his sheet which I assumed have peoples names on them.

Great, camping with two people who want to kill each other.

To my surprise Sir tells Jace he can stay and help staff to go towards my family's 'school community hours' (every family needs to do 10 school community hours or pay a thousand dollar 'donation'). Jace was lucky, he got one of the cabins all to himself.

Sir also told me I'm not allowed to stay in the cabin with Jace even though I pleaded with him. I did not want to be in a tent.
Jace wouldn't have let me stay with him anyway. He's one of those 'do the right thing' type of guys when it came to situations like this.