Chapter 15 - 'HH'

*Two months ago*

I was walking to my locker when a angry Cole looks directly at me. Here we go again I say in my head. He makes a line right for me pushing the kid to the side that he nearly ran into. Before I had time to react my neck was pinned against my locker and my stomach was winded.
Cole had punched me right in my gut then another and another.  Just as he held his hand up towards my face (Stacy would kill me if my face was bruised before tomorrow's shoot) Cole was pulled back.

"You motherfucking idiot" Hunter pretty much yells at him. "How many times do I have to tell you stop picking on my cousin". Cole looked at Hunter in shock then looked at me as if he only just realised what he's done.
"Uh Harry I'm sorry" he managed to get out.
"No your not sorry otherwise you wouldn't keep beating this poor kid" Alex says to Cole.

"Cmon" someone says from next to me. I was lifted up and carried and then I looked at who picked me up I slightly relaxed a bit. It was Nick.

Nick spoke to the nurse and she let him stay in the room with me to keep me company. He walked over to me and brought me a plastic cup of water.

"So I'm guessing you heard the news?" He asks me

"That you got dumped by Ava? I heard. She told me" I shrugged

"Do you hate me?" He asks

"No why" I ask him

"Because your her best friend and we just broke up, you're supposed to hate me"

"Nick and you are one of my friends and so is she, not my business" I say

Nick sits there and looks at the floor for a bit .
"You're a good guy Harry, you don't deserve what I've seen you go through" he finally says and looks up at me.

"Nick can I ask?"
Nick raises a eyebrow

"What even is Cole's deal?"

"Honestly Harry, I genuinely don't know. One minute he's fine the next minute he's either picking on you or some other weak person he can find. Oh and he gets into these weird rage fits where he'll either start punching things , people included or he'll run off and hide from everyone for a hour then come back like nothing happened"

Wow I didn't not know Cole was like that.

"I think he's sometimes just misunderstood, I've tried vouching for him multiple times to convince people he's a alright guy but he keeps fucking up" Nick says.

"Nick, you've stood by me for years and were always there to protect me from Cole, but maybe you should focus on protecting Cole ?" I say
"It sounds weird but I think Cole , now that you've told me this, needs more help than others can see" I say to Nick and he looks up at me then back down to the floor.

"I used to be so angry at the world" Nick started
"I see how I used to be in Cole's actions now. I was so upset when my little sister died of cancer at only 5 years old" Nick says with pain in his voice.
"Then I found myself and accepted it and decided that life goes on. No one knew why I would act the way I did because no one knew what had happened behind closed doors. The loss I felt"

I put my hand on Nicks shoulder

"Maybe there's something going on in Cole's life that obviously isn't our business but could be affecting him" I say

"Harry maybe you're right , what would this world do without you?"

*One month ago*

Walking to history felt like forever. My bag was heavy on my back and the books in my arms were making my shoulders sore.
"Hi" a voice from next to me says.
I look up to see Cole there

"What do you want now?" I ask him

"I don't know I was hoping you would sit with me in class?"

"And why would I want to do that?" I question him

"Because I don't have friends in that class and neither do you" Cole shrugs and we keep walking only now he's moved closer so our shoulders are touching.

"So let me guess , you want to copy my notes because you skipped last class?"

Cole puts his arm around me and I immediately tense up

"No I just thought we could sit together" he shrugs as we enter the doorway.

I put my things down and start spreading my notes around in different sections. Cole seems to watch me expressionless.
Then I see him pick up a pen and bring it to one of my notes. God knows what he's about to do but I just sit there and watch him. Cole then writes HH , my initials in the corner of my book. I look at him and he makes a face which I think could be his thinking face.

He then brings his pen back to the paper and draws a heart around the HH.
I look at the drawing, then back at Cole. Cole looks me dead in the eyes and let's out a 'hmph' , shrugs his shoulders and starts opening up his books.