Chapter 26 - 'You're yelling at a cat?'

The car trip to the hospital was silent. The only talk was at the start where Faith explained that their mum had gotten in a very bad car accident due to the oncoming driver being intoxicated.
I sat in the back not knowing what to say to Cole so I just kept quiet.

When we arrived at the hospital Cole and Faith practically sprinted to the front entrance, I was left to hop in the front and park the car. Faiths big SUV mum car was a pain to park in such small car parks but I made it work.

I sat in the waiting room on my phone scrolling through Instagram when I hear a young girl say my name.

"Harry? Harry Harrison?" She says

I look up to notice a petite blonde girl around the age of 12 sitting in a wheelchair looking at me.

"Can we get a photo together? It's okay if you don't want to I'm sure you're super busy" she says

"Of course, I'd love to get a photo" i say back to her kindly.

She takes her phone and takes a selfie with it.

"I'm Sienna" she says

"Sienna what's your Instagram?" I ask her

"Siennabakers125" she says smiling.

I type up her name to find her Instagram page.  She had many photos of hanging out with friends and taking pictures of herself in various places. All in her wheelchair.

"There, we now follow eachother sienna" I say with a smile on my face.

"Why are you at the hospital today?" She asks.

"My boyfriend's mum is sick" I tell her.
Boyfriend? I've never said that before. It seemed organic when I said it.

"Can I meet him?" She says.

"If he comes out maybe, he might be a bit sad and not want to talk to anyone"

Sienna shrugs and shows me a picture of her building a sandcastle on her phone.

"Hey" a voice greets me from behind. Large arms wrap around me and I turn to see Cole standing there.
"Doctors aren't sure she's going to wake up anytime soon, that accident got her really bad" he says then giving me a kiss on the forehead.

"Are you Harry's boyfriend? He said he has a boyfriend" Sienna excitedly exclaimed from where she's sitting.

"Um uh yeah" Cole says scratching his head as if remembering something.

He looked so awkward but I brushed it off as it was nothing.

~

When we got back to Cole's house I sat on one of the stools sipping water, my elbows leaning on the kitchen bench.  Cole was pacing back and forward in front of me.
"FUCK OFF TOBY" I hear him yell looking out the window. There was a cat there.

"A cat? You're yelling at a cat?" I ask him.

"Harry I've never been in a relationship before and I don't want to let you down. I've done fucked things in the past" Cole says still pacing up and down.

"Okay?"

"I'm not boyfriend material" Cole says stopping to look out the window.

"Well you're overly protective of me, you want everyone to know I'm yours in public and you get jealous when Mikey will even just say hi to me at school" I say rolling my eyes.

"Yeah but I don't want you to be disappointed, I'm kind of a fuck up" Cole shrugs his shoulders and looks at the floor.

I think my face turned red as I was trying to hold in the small giggle my face was about to let out.

"What the fuck is funny ?" Cole says in a slightly irritated tone

"You" "you're not this mean person you make yourself out to be, Cole I used to hate you more than everything but now you are my everything. Don't you see? I don't care if you're a fuck up, I just want you"

Cole looks at me puzzled at first then runs at me throwing his arms around me and kissing my lips non stop. When we finally gain breath he looks me in the eyes and says "then it's us from now on"

~

It's been a week since Cole and I had become official, we even decided to put each others initials in our Instagram bios. 
No improvement in Cole's mum, she was still in a coma. And for Cole , he returned to his usual self being that annoying when in public.

Two days ago he thought jump scaring me when I walked out of the shopping change rooms was funny. Though at the fifth store the joke was well and truly over. Cole was annoying.

Here I am sitting on my bed in deep thought when my phone rings. It was Ava.

"Sup g" I say

"Harry come over right now, please"

"Sounds important" I chuckle to myself

"It is fuckwit come now"

Nothing else said I grab the keys to my car and chucked it in sport mode since Ava's house was half a hour away in towns away from mine.

I pulled up to her house and notice Hunters car in her driveway. Weird.

"Hey Hunt? You're here?" I ask him when I stepped into Ava's room.

"Harry good your here, so I need to tell you both something and you need to both promise to keep your reactions sane" she said sitting on her bed looking up.

"What's up?" I ask

"I'm pregnant" Ava manages to get out

"Shit" I say at the same time as Hunter.

"Wait why is my cousin here?" I ask Ava.

"Should you tell him or should I?" Hunter asks Ava.

"Im dating Hunter" she says

"Well now neither of us are single  " I say back to Ava.

"Don't know why you went for Cole , he's hiding something from you, but not my place to say " hunter says chipping in.

"He told me everything about his family if that's what your getting at?" I say

"Omg cool we can double date!" Ava excitedly exclaims, "let's go out for drinks"

Both hunter and I exchange shocked looks.

"We can't do that" I say with hunter nodding with me

"Well why not" Ava asks standing up with her hands on her hips

"Because we can't get served because we aren't 18" Hunter says.

I just stand there wide eyed at their stupidity.

"Your pregnant that's why you can't fucking drink" I finally get out coming back to my senses.

"Ohhhh that makes so much sense" Ava says.

Idiot

"Harry I'm really scared, what will people think of me?" Ava timidly asks

"Do you want to keep it?" I ask her

"No" she says "I'm not ready for a child"

"Then I'm sure you'll make the right decision" Hunter says putting a hand on Ava's lap

My phone buzzes and it's a message from Cole

Doctors say she's going to be ok
It read