Chapter 3 - 'Shoppings'

"Cole I swear to god, poke another button in this car and I'm making you walk in the rain" I say to him.

We were on our way in the car park to our local mall when we see this girl from our school Bella's car parked there. "Can we go to another mall?" He says noticing the car at the same time I did. Her number plate read 'BEL•330' that's how we knew it was her.

"What's wrong with Bel?" I ask him.

"Hooked up with her and ghosted her after " he replies back almost sounding proud of what he did.

"Not cool Cole" I say in a stern voice.

"We are here now" I say to him

"Fine" Cole let's out with a grunt of frustration.
He gets out of the car after I've parked with his arms crossed making the face of what a five year old would do chucking a sook.
"Cut it out , you're 19 in 2 months" I say to him.

He perks his head up and gives me the widest smirk I've seen him give me.
"Glad to know your keeping count to when my birthday is" he says.

"You got me" I say raising my hands up to surrender.
We exchange a laugh together and I ask him how did he get as many girls as he did. Not that I care or anything I'm genuinely just curious considering half of the time he's a arse to most of them.

"Must be these perfectly defined abs" he boasts while pulling up his shirt to reveal perfectly symmetrical tanned abdominals in front of the crowd of people we were walking passed.
"Okay yeah I see how" I say quickly after looking away.

"I'm kidding, it's because they love my face I think" he adds.

"Your face? Your messy hair and patchy face hair?" I reply back to him.

Cole slaps me my shoulder "don't be a meanie" he says.

He wraps his arm around my shoulder and pulls me towards his torso despite my protest struggles. He was now too strong for me to even fight back.
"Besties for life" he says and let's go of me.

~

I'm trying on some casual clothes when the change room curtain gets ripped open. "Cole!" I exclaim "I could've been naked".

"Try this on" he hands me a white hoodie with the letter 'C' on the front.

"It's a nice feeling hoodie" I tell him.

I give it back to him because it's not what I needed, it was nice though.

When I give it back he takes it and walks out of the change room area.

I go to pay for my stuff and leaving the store I see Cole leaning against the entrance.
"It's like he's sleeping beauty he takes that long" Cole says loud enough for the group of girls who were standing near to hear. They look at me and I get the usual again. Them asking for a photo with me to boost their likes. Of course being the good person I am take many photos with despite Cole's protest to keep moving.

When we were done Cole mimics the way those girls were talking to me getting their high pitched voices on point

"You're a bully" I tell him

"No you are for not getting that jumper I picked out for you" he replies handing me a bag which when I looked inside it contained that very exact jumper .
"You looked cute in it" he says warmly.

"Can we go back to fighting, I preferred that to whatever weird game you're trying to play" I say back to him.

He shrugs at me and says "sure you want to do that?"

"Yes"

"Okay" he says cheerfully and just like that he goes forward and picks me up and throws me over his shoulder.

"Put me down, we're in public, this is public" I screech as he continues to carry me not phased by what I said.

When he get back to the car he finally puts me down to which I slap him across the face after.
He grabs my face with one hand on each side and leans in.
"If you ever slap me again you won't like the outcome" he whispers in a almost non existent voice.
Cole shockingly then plants a kiss on my forehead and let's go to go sit in the passenger seat. I'm just standing there in shock.

~

"We need to go to Nicks house" Cole says after a few minutes of silence.

"Why's that?" I ask him

"I want to say hi to him and Blake" Cole shrugs

Nick has always been a older brother figure to me when we were at school and parties. It was always him checking up on me when Cole would single me out and hunter was too wasted or distracted to do anything.
And when I came out and it was in the open Nick wouldn't leave my side for a month making sure no one would pick on me. And for that I always remained some what comes with Nick. Even after him and Ava broke up.
I thought the only reason Nick was so protective over me was because he was dating Ava but I guess it was just his nature because he remained to have my back after they went separate ways. They still remained close friends though.

"Hey boys" Cole says as we are walk into Nicks house.
"Oh sweet squirts here too" Nick says walking up to give me a hug.

"Hello to you too" I say poking my head around from where nick was in front of me to see Blake give me a dismissive wave , his face still focused on the screen in front of him.

Seeing the boys without Hunter there was nice. Nick hadn't left my side since I got there.

"Better get going" I said checking my phone to many messages from Jace asking where I was.

"Stay a bit longer" Nick looks up at me as I stand up from the couch. His eyes looking like a puppy pleading for his owner not to go.

"We have to go, Harry said already" Cole stands up and says to Nick in a stern voice. Weird

~

Cole and I only lived 5 minutes away from each other so it wasn't a issue to me to take him home.
During the trip I keep noticing him looking at me but I don't say anything about it. I just sit there focusing on the road avoiding conversation.

When we pull up at his dads car in the driveway. He pauses and asks if I can take him somewhere while waiting for his dad to leave.

We arrive at a park closer to mine and I turn to Cole for guidance on what to do since I was following his directions and going to this park wasn't on my agenda.

We sat there in silence, I could tell there's something he wasn't saying about his dad but it would've been rude of me to ask so I just sat there on my phone.

A few minutes later I get a phone call from none other than my ex boyfriend Marco.

My phone was connected to the Bluetooth system so I ushered at Cole not to say a word.

"Hello?"

"Hey Harry , if you're up to it I want to meet up tomorrow for lunch, I just want to talk about everything please, I'll pay" he says sounding some what desperate.

"Sure" and I hang up.

"You aren't seriously going to go see him are you?" Cole asks with annoyance in his tone.

"What's it to you? And I do still want closure on the whole situation, it might be nice to catch up after all this time... Cole? Cole!"
I look at Cole to see him frothing over some young lady walking in leggings.

"Just because your gay doesn't mean you can't enjoy the view" he says to me pointing at her ass.

"I'm dropping you home" I said to him.