Chapter 8 - 'Nick'

*Harry's Perspective*

It's the last Friday before school goes back and Hunter decided he'd host another party. Hunter and I have always been close, at family gatherings he was always the cousin to come up to me first and ask if we want to play PS.

I call Ava to see if she's driving to which she says no and tells me I'm driving. Fine.

-

"Omg you won't believe who I spoke to earlier" Ava excitedly says as she's hopping into my car

"Who?.."

"Hunters friend Blake, he's gonna be at the party, he's so hot Harry I need to go talk to him" she says.

Blake was one of Hunters closest friends. It was always the same group of 5. Alex, Hunter , Blake, Cole and Nick were probably the most known at school before me. They were the popular kids. Though Hunter and I were cousins we barely spoke at school. And when we did it was him asking if I was ok after Cole did something to me.

Arriving at hunters I notice most people drove therefore I'm assuming they are staying over because they'd be drinking. Before I could get a word out Ava was already out the door and running into the house.
I see one of Cole's dads cars there so I relaxed a bit.

"Hi cousin, I miss you"
A drunk Hunter comes up to me. Hunter is a affectionate drunk.
He rambled on , clinging for life on my shoulder until I finally escaped his grasp.

After greeting everyone Nick comes up to me and asks if I wanna help him get something out of his car. I go to help him carry out a 12 pack of alcoholic drinks.
"You know Harry" Nick begins to say but he trails off

"What is it?" I ask him

"Well.... You're single, and I'm single and did you wanna hang out?" He finally says.

"You're.... Ga-" I say before I'm cut off

"I think, I do find you extremely attractive" he adds.

I smile and nod my head at him. I didn't give him a yes or no answer because I didn't know how things stood between me and Cole.
I've always found Nick very very hot but I never thought I had a chance with him.
It was worse when he'd hang out with me all the time at school, I will admit I did develop a bit of a crush.

Nick was probably one of the most popular guys at school. His looks could get him any girl he wanted. He was captain and quarterback of our school football team too. If the definition of a god at our school was a thing it was definitely Nick.

"Someone like you would go for me?" I ask Nick

"Yeah you're hot and so am I, we'd be so good together"

I laugh at his joke "that is true I say"

If anyone else had said something like that I would assume they were just using me for clout but it was Nick. My day 1 , my best friend besides Ava.

I help him un pack the drinks then I search the party for Cole. Yet he was no where to be found. I checked in every room until there was one left.
The second I open the door my mouth gapes open. There's Cole fucking some blonde girl who I thinks name is Misty. Cole looks up and immediately pushes her off him. Filled with rage I turn around and slam the door. I don't know why I was so mad , Cole and I weren't really anything.
"Harry wait" I hear Cole call and I see him chasing after me.
"Can we talk? She's nothing" he says pulling my shoulder to look at him.

"No it's fine, keep doing you Cole , you're a whore, it's In your nature" I say to him when he finally has my attention.

He just stands there and stares.

I turn around and I'm pretty sure he's still following me to which I head over to Nick. "Wanna get out of here?" I whisper in his ear , faster than I had the chance to look at him he grabs my hand and we head out. I look back to check if Cole's seen the encounter and he has looking at me all sad as I walk out with the biggest smirk on my face.

I'm not one who's a nasty person but I was so mad for no reason at that point.

I drive behind Nick for him to drop his car at his house and then I drive us both to my house.
We open the door to hear yet again my brother and his girlfriend having sex. Ew, it's like that's all they do. They don't even try to hide it , when I was little I was always suspicious of what Jace gets up to with all these girls he brings back but at least he was discreet back then.

"So wanna watch a movie ?" Nick whispers suggestively in my ear.
I sigh.
"I had some other things in mind but there's no way I'd be in the mood listening to that" nick says as we both look at eachother hearing "Oh yes JJ!" For the 7th time. Both of us laugh and he pulls my face in and kisses me. We start making out then he pulls away.
"Horror movie?" He says
"Horror movie" I reply.

The movie was probably the worst movie experience ever. Not that we picked a bad movie, but because the sounds of two people having sex was non stop.
I was snuggled into Nick, his arm around me, my face on his chest. I'd look up at him and play with like floppy blonde hair that fell over his eyes. He kissed me on the forehead and two seconds later a loud "oh yes JJ that's the spot" fills the room. Both Nick and I laugh historically.

"Is this weird?" I ask Nick

"What ? Like your brother ?"

"No" I say to him. "I mean your like my best friend and now what, we are in each other's arms, this is weird"

Nick looks down at me and and let's out a hum

"Harry nothing you said there isn't true, you are my best friend too I even view you as a little brother some times" Nick says to me letting out a little chuckle.

I was slightly confused but I was really comfortable and somewhat tired so I closed my eyes when I noticed Nicks eyes were already shutting.

I seemed to have fallen asleep on Nicks chest because when I woke up I was in the same position only this time he was dead asleep.
I hear people walking from the hallway so I wake Nick up.
I look up and I see Jace and Jess making out walking into the living room where Nick and I were. His fingers buried deep in her.... Well.
He looks up to see me and Nick and stops and stares.
"Jace you dirty pig keep it in your room yuck" I say to him. He and Jess quickly run back to his room.

"Your brother always like this?" Nick asks me in a raspy sleepy voice.

"Yeah unfortunately, its worse when your trying to study and he is loud"

I check my phone to see a lot of missed calls from Cole

"Cole's called you huh? What he want, to abuse you?" Nick asks me raising a eye brow

I look at nick and just smile, he smiles back.

"I don't know if I should say anything about this to you even though I want to" I tell Nick

"What? That Cole has a mad crush on you and he picks on you to get your attention?" Nick says sounding confident.

"Well..." I start to say

"Knew it!" Nick let's out. "The boys and I joke about Cole secretly being into you but I didn't realise it was true"

"Please don't say anything about it Nick, I'm trusting you"

"I won't little bro" Nick says and with that my sleepy head was off his chest and standing up.

"Now that I think of it I love you too much like a brother to see you as anything else" Nick says looking up at me.

"Same" I said

"Still remain besties?" He asks me

"Forever" I say back to him