Chapter 12 - 'I cant lose you too'

TW THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MENTIONS OF MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES AND SUICIDE.

•Chapters from here on will have references to such things described in this chapter, please be aware•

*One year ago*

"Harry stay there and don't open your fucking door" I hear Jace yell.

The sound of people rushing into the house up towards my mothers room was echoing through the house. I had no clue what was happening until I heard Jace scream "Fuck!" 20 minutes ago.
He kept telling me to stay in my room , the urgency in his voice told me to listen and not leave.

When I hear all the people leave the house my door swings open to Jace standing there , pale as I have ever seen him. He looked at me and I looked back at him. Then he just starts sobbing so much, I've never ever seen him like this.
I ran up to him and put my arms around him to which made him cry even more. He was physically shaking , completely losing it in my arms.
I didn't know what to do so I just held him.

I've never seen my brother like this he was always so strong and didn't show any sign of weakness.

His tears soaked my shirt. After a while he let go. He held both his hands on my shoulders and looked me in the eyes.

"Whatever happens Harry you have me please remember that, I love you so much and I can't lose you too" Jace sniffles still looking at me

'I can't lose you too?' What did he mean by that. That's when it finally clicked.
I'm assuming Jace saw the news hit my face. He caught me when my knees gave way and I collapsed into his arms. My vision became blurry and I felt him drop to the floor slowly with me. We huddled together for what felt like hours both of us wet from the tears we were crying.

"She left us a letter" Jace starts
"I can read it to you if you would like?" Jace asks. I sniff and nod my head.

"Come" Jace helps me up and takes me to the living room, not letting go of my hand. Both him and I were shaking.

Jace took a deep breath in and started

"To my two beautiful boys. I don't want you to worry any more. I don't want you to look after me after I've been drinking , cleaning up the mess I make"

Jace stops looking like he's about to start crying again. I hold his hand tighter and he continues

"I've left you everything. Jace when my will is given out there will be a enormous amount of money for both of you. Harry , Jace will hang onto your sum until you are old enough. Jace I want you to look after Harry like he's your own. Jason you are all he has now. And Harry, look after your brother . Take care of each other.
Please don't be mad at me for leaving you boys, this is what I have wanted for years. I haven't been happy but I know you guys can.
Have the best life and take care of each other , I'll always be with both of you. Until we meet again,
Goodbye Jason and Harry. I love you both so much"

My eyes have blurred out again and Jace and I move to the couch and huddle together under a blanket.

"I will never leave your side Harry, you understand?"

"Okay Jacey" I say still sniffling.

~

The next day wasn't any easier. I woke up next to Jace in my bed. He insisted he wouldn't leave my side and I'm glad he didnt.

We didn't have a dad really, our father fucked off when Jace was 8 and I was 4. Jace had a strong hatred towards him, though I can't really remember him emotionally enough to hate him.