Chapter 2 - 'I wanted a milkshake'

"Get up"
A pillow smacks me in the face.

"Get up"
Another pillow.
Next second my blankets are ripped off me.

"Can you fuck off Jason" I look up to see Jace holding a mug in his hand with a smug look on his face.

"Drink your hot chocolate or I'm gonna spill it on you" he hands me the drink and I take a sip.

"You don't have to wake me, I'm not five and you're not my dad"

"Ouch" Jace says holding his hand to his chest. Jace moves from standing next to me to the end of my bed where he decides to sit.
"Don't" I say as I notice he's looking at a pillow that's sitting next to him. With nothing else said he grabs it and practically pegs it at my face. I give my brother a blank stare to which he's laughing so hard his face is turning red.

"That's it" I scream. I place my hot chocolate on the table beside me and practically jump at Jace. Of course he's too quick and gets up and runs down the hallway of the house and I run after him. "Asshole! Get back here"
I manage to catch up to him after a few minutes of us aimlessly running around in a loop. I push him onto the couch and start slapping him endlessly.

"Okay okay you win Harry" Jace's arms up in the air to surrender.

"That's right you bitch" I say as I laugh.
"I'm getting ready bye"

~

Driving to this building was difficult for me due to the heavy traffic and wet weather. In fact it was storming.
I turn up the radio to hear there was a accident on the rout that I have to take. Fuck, I think to myself.

The parking was across from the building I have to help set up for a grand opening. It's a marketing management that's opening up and they wanted me to be there to help set up for tomorrow which I'll have to present. Woo hoo another ribbon I'll have to cut with big scissors.

When I get out of my car it's pouring and I still have to walk across a street.
'Okay Harry you got this' I think to myself before stepping to the side of the road. I ran , probably in front of a oncoming car as I heard the beep from someone's horn.

Luckily the building was right on the other side.

"Hey Stace" I say sopping wet. Stacy looking at me with a disbelief that I was sopping wet. Today she was wearing her usual white look with white suit pants and a white top. Her blonde hair pulled back into a bun.

"You know you could've parked under the building, I would've buzzed you in" she says.
We exchanged a few pleasantries and she shows me to a room at has various platters of food and hospitality utensils.
"You can play music through the speakers while you organise the foods into their respective spots, cold food in the fridges etc".
"Too easy" I say.

Stacy was my manager who also only a few years older than me. Though mentally she seemed like she was 30 or something. She was very smart and on the ball with her job. Her being the same age as Jace made it easy for her and I to get along.

"Is it just me today ?" I ask her as she's opening a fridge to show me where each item goes.

"You and the building owners son, I'm pretty sure he's around your age" she says with her head still buried in the fridge.
"I need you to show him what to do since I have to duck out and you guys have this area of set up".

"Shouldn't be too hard" I say, I smile and she leaves.

After half a hour I wonder who this person is I'm working with today.
Hopefully it's not like last time I had to work with someone my age. It was a TV ad for pool safety and they hired this girl who was the biggest brat on set. She thought just because she got to be in front of the camera she could walk around like she owned the place.