Chapter 5 - 'A messed up family'

*Coles Perspective*

I had just dropped Harry off and was driving home. I'm not gay, bi maybe but definitely not gay. I've slept with girls before, it was fun but I didn't really feel anything from it.
Being around Harry was different, I felt like myself more. God I couldn't get him out of my head. Seeing his hair soaking wet from the rain at dads building was so attractive to me.
And when we'd fight he'd look so cute getting all worked up, it made me want to grab him and just hug him.

Harry is really popular around here, like very. I'd imagine he'd have guys falling at his feet. I myself was constantly told by mum that she wishes I didn't look like dad or she would critique something I'd do and told me how I should change my appearance.

Honestly it made me feel shit about myself. I just wanted to be accepted the way I was but I wasn't.
Dad was hardly around, always at work meetings. So it just was me. I was used being alone , feeling empty.

Mum has never said the words to me 'I love you' and it would feel foreign if she said that now. It's not a big deal but when I'd see other mums at school events say the magical words 'I love you' to their kids it made me sad because my parents have never said that to me. And Dad?, well the only time he's ever spent with me is giving me a new toy to keep me busy. Or these days, giving me a car to take around to keep me occupied.

I go to open the door to my house when it slams open in my face.
"Move Cole" I see mum crying as she runs out to her car.
"I want a fucken divorce" I hear my dad yell.

"You had a affair, he had a affair" mum screams at me her eyes deathly pointed at dad.

"You can't leave" "fuck you im going too" I watch as dad unlocks one of his cars and gets inside. By the time he'd started the engine mum was already gone. And soon enough so was he.

I watched my dads tail lights grow smaller as he drove away. I didn't realise it at first but tears began to flow down my face.
"What just happened" I thought to myself. My some what fucked up family just became more fucked.

I wanted to go inside and cry. I never cry but this time I couldn't help it.
What am I doing wrong ?

I know Harry probably still has some hate towards me. After all before he was famous I used to try beat him up every day. I feel like I would take the hurt out I felt from my family on him. I will admit he used to be so shy, a quiet kid. He was a easy target too.

This one time , my mum has been verbally abusing me , saying she wished she had another daughter. Saying I meant nothing to her the night before. So what did I do? I took my anger out on Harry. I went up to him at the school lunch time and just started ripping into him. He's nose running with blood.  The only thing that stopped me is Hunter and Alex grabbing me from behind and seeing Nick carry him to the nurses office.

Fuck I think to myself. Why am I such a shit person? Why did I suddenly hate who I was ?
I have everything, a nice house, many cars to drive and a seemingly perfect lifestyle. Was I selfish?

I called Cole telling him to come over, he said he wasn't busy so he said he'd come.

I sat up wiping my tears away. I didn't want Harry to think I was weak for crying.

I also came to another realisation other than my life being fucked up. I liked Harry. A lot for that fact
I need to make it obvious that I like him more than a friend. I hope he doesn't think we are just friends because I want to be more. Everything he does just makes me want to be better, he was such a perfect person. Perfect face, perfect hair, perfect body and perfect outlook on life. He's lost his mum and I've never heard about his dad but he still remains positive, I on the other hand have both mine and wish I didn't.

I hear the door bell , he is here
Okay Cole, remember, remain calm, don't let him know your life's a mess.

"Hey" I say to him after I open the door. His eyes, those gorgeous blue eyes.
"I - uh, hey" I said again.

"Move idiot I'm cold out here" Harry barges in passed me.

"So polite" I say to which his only response was flipping me off.

"Sooo what do you wanna do?" He asks sipping the sparkling water I gave him.

What I really wanted to do was grab him then and there and hold him tight and not let go. I wanted to show him I could be there how Marco couldn't. He was so distort when he found out that Marco had slept with Rico Fritz. Rico was in the grade below us, he was a openly gay guy with bright rainbow hair. He wasn't the most attractive to say the least so I could understand why Harry was so upset.
I was a dick, for the remaining month I would give Harry so much shit about his break up. I called him names and would trip him when he'd walk passed.
It was only because I felt insecure. Harry was openly gay too and has been for a while so back then he didn't have girls obsess over him like they did with me, though he could've. He's a attractive guy.

"Cole?" Harry having his hand infront of me to stop my day dreaming "you invited me here and I'm bored"

Oh I can think of a million things to do

"Uhhh we can watch the TV, go to the hot tub , maybe throw tan bark at my neighbours cat" I suggest to him.

My neighbours cat was a filthy thing. It always stepped in our yard to chase the birds from our trees. It's name was Toby and boy did I want to kill it. Nearly every night for about a month it would scratch on my window seal. I'm sure the whole house heard me every time I'd yell 'FUCK OFF TOBY'.

"Hot tub sounds nice, in a non creepy way I need you to take pictures of me in it, don't freak out yet I'll have clothes on, I just need something new to post" Harry exclaims.

"Sure cutie" I say to him.

Every time I call him 'cutie' or 'cute' it seems to really spark his attention this time being no exception. He turned bright red.

To fill time while it heated up I made us dinner. I'm not bad at cooking and I usually never get the chance to do this was fun.
Harry seemed shocked when I served him the freshly cooked pasta.

"Wow I thought you'd be shit" he says with his mouth full.

"Yuck Harry have some class" I say

"Cole I once watched u shove a whole pizza down in a minute as a dare, don't tell me I need class" Harry says shaking his head.

"Hot tubs ready now" I tell him.

We head over and I watch him take off his shirt. He's so precious and little. And I was shocked to see he had a good body too, he wasn't as built as me but he was definitely toned.

"What the fuck are you looking at" Harry says to me

"Nothing" I reply back and I go over and shove the poor kid in the tub.

He's gonna be pissed