Together We Fight!

Astha and Shaan were having some quality time together when they heard the calling bell.

"Who is here so late?"...shaan asked turning towards the door.

"I don't know shaan!"

"Where is shaurya and Anokhi?They were outside right?"

"No,they went to sleep some time back."

"I will check who is it."... Astha got up from the chair.

Shaan held her hand and stopped her.

"No Noor...you stay here.I will go and check."

Shaan went to open the door. Astha followed him quietly.

He opened the door to find a not so familiar face.A person in his mid fifties,his brows furrowed and lips tightly shut in a thin line. Not so far but at a considerable distance he spotted one more face,an young boy,probably in his twenties,leaning against the gate.

The person at the door stared at him.He on the other hand stood there clueless not understanding why is he glaring at him.

Shaan finally cleared his throat and broke the silence.

"Are you here to meet someone?"...he asked politely.

The person shifted his gaze to Astha.

"Mr.Bhalla.."...she muttered to herself as their eyes met.

Shaan turned towards Astha as he heard her muttering.

"You know him?"

"Of course she know me very well."....the person broke in between.

"Where is Nikki?"...he asked completely avoiding Shaan's questioning look.

"Who is Nikki?"...Shaan asked puzzled.

"She is my daughter."

"Why are you searching for your daughter over here?"

"Don't act as if you don't know.Where is she?"

"I think you shouldn't actually care Mr.Bhalla."...Astha interrupted their conversation.

"Are you trying to act smart with me?I will never forget how you manipulated my daughter and helped her to elope. "

Shaan finally connected the dots somehow.

"Astha is this Anokhi's...."

Astha nodded her head in a yes.

"I am not interested in talking to you people.Where is Nikki?I want to talk to her."....Ramesh started again.

Shaan stepped towards him and held his shoulder.

"Listen Mr. Bhalla...come inside.We can sit and talk."....Shaan tried his best to calm him down.

"I have already told you that I am not interested in your hospitality.Where is she?.....NIKKI!"....he yelled from the door.

"Listen Mr.Bhalla...."....Shaan started but Astha held his hand and dragged him inside.

"What happened?Why did you pull me inside all of a sudden?"

"Anokhi still hasn't revealed about this marriage to her family. She was intentionally ignoring the thought of meeting them even though she badly wanted to."

"So what are you trying to say?"

"Don't drag this marriage topic infront of him.We don't know why is he here today.He might have seen Anokhi here,....may be not Shaurya. So it is better not to say anything until we get to know why does he want to meet her."