A new beginning 🥂

This chapter is officially dedicated to all those people who was upset with the Monty twist and wanted to throw him out of our plot!Happy reading😊
~*~
"What is up with these lights now?"...Anokhi said as she walked in the dark.

"...and so stupid of me! I should have carried my phone."

She mentally kicked herself and turned around to get back to her room.She moved her hands in the dark and took hold of everything that she found on her way in an attempt to find the door.

Fortunately,without stumbling over anything she managed to reach until the door.She turned the door knob and got inside.

"Where have I kept it?"...she muttered while tracing her fingers over the bed and the side table.

All of a sudden she jerked and turned around hearing a loud noise out of nowhere.

Anokhi increased the pace with which she was searching for her phone.

"What was that?"

She froze as she heard some footsteps approaching.

Anokhi grabbed herself with great difficulty and ran her fingers across the table.

To her luck, she got hold of her phone that was lying in a corner.

"Thank god!"...she relaxed a bit.

She turned the flashlight on and walked outside looking around.

"Shaurya..."...she called even though she very well knew he won't be there.

Anokhi turned left and walked towards nana and nani's room.She gulped in as she spotted a shadow ahead.

"Who is that?..."...she stammered.

She turned around with a racing heart .There was no one behind her.She stepped towards the nearby glass window and slid the curtains to one side at once.

Silence prevailed there for sometime.As she found the spot empty,she shut her eyes tight and tried to relax.

"What am I even thinking of?"...she thought as she slid the curtains back.

She barely took two more steps forward when she felt someone approaching her from behind.

Anokhi didn't turn around this time but decided to run downstairs no matter what.With every step she took, she felt her knees going weak.She started sweating profusely.

Even before she reached downstairs,the flashlight went off making her shudder.

"Ohh shit...now what is wrong with this?"...she shook her phone in an attempt to make it work.

A second didn't pass when she heard something fall down with a bang.The noise echoed in the dark living room.

Anokhi's hands trembled with fear. She started retreating slowly from her position and tried her very best to suppress her whimpering .Before she could even collect herself from the sudden shock, she heard multiple things falling down from different corners of the room.

Anokhi felt too scared.She rubbed away the sweat beads that were now rolling down to her neck .The next moment, her back hit something strong.She tightened her grip on her phone as her heartbeat rose to an unimaginable rate per second.

Anokhi didn't think twice .she detached herself from whatever was behind her and prepared herself to run.

A pair of arm quickly gripped her from behind and held her in place.She shuddered feeling the touch.She wriggled and screamed.The person covered her mouth and pulled her back towards him.His other hand travelled from her shoulder to her waist gripping her tight.She dropped her phone down scared.