• Chapter Thirty Seven

chapter dedication to @helenmelon1927

• CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN

________________________________________

Marloe Loise Steven

"Come on, just tell him don't go, you know he's only doing this because you want to'. It does still up to you, wanna know what I think?" Vicky muse as she sat down next to me in her bed, after school, we all decided to have a girl's night, since we rarely spend time together. Regina is outside making a call or something.

I shake my head at her question and lean my back on her bed looking up at the pink ceiling of her room.

Honestly don't want to know what she thinks. Trust Vicky and her thoughts. Nah I'll pass.

She sighs "I'm gonna tell you anyway."

I knew it. I mentally groan and roll my eye not responding.

I am depressed. Day by day as it goes closer to the most dreaded day of my life my chest becomes heavier and heavier as if a brick is being added to it every day.

It sucks.

"Well, I think you guys need this to grow stronger. distance test the strength of one relationship, it builds trust, maturity, understanding, and the love you feel for each other, but... it'll also a test for temptation, but I tell you this best friend, Clark loves you so much and I know you love him too, so trust him ... but. There is no perfect relationship, one will make a mistake and you should be preparing because nobody is perfect. You should always remember that there should always be room for mistakes."

Vicky played Oprah. I look at her bewildered checking if she's looking at her phone, who knows maybe she's reading it on Wikipedia or something. I never expect anything that makes sense from her honestly, I hate hearing a lot of buts--but she's right, she has a point in fact her world is like a light that illuminates my heart and my mind to see everything brighter. Who knows Vicky can be really illuminating sometimes.

As her words sink in, my trust and confidence and in us are getting stronger.

We can do this. Room for mistakes, god, should I tell him that? Nah I guess not, I don't even know if I'll be able to forgive him if he makes a mistake, though it sounds pretty childish and selfish I find it still rational.

No. no mistake for him. if he misses a single call from me, I'll cut his dick off.

Damn. I think I'm being unfair.

I look at Vicky nodding lightly in agreement.

It's now Wednesday, Three more days, three painful more days to spend with him. I should make the most of it. I have three days to remove his doubt build his trust in me and prove to him how much I love him. There's only one thing that I know that can prove him.

yeah... I think I'm ready.

"V," I call Vicky silently.

She hums in response looking down at her nails and rummaging through her nail polish kit.

"I think... "I trail off, am I really ready? Is it worth it?

"Yeah?" She looks at me expectantly.

"I think I'm ready." I blurted sitting up,

She looks at me questioningly.

"Ready? For what?" She asks confuse.

I sigh. "To take our relationship further."

Vicky looks at me studying me as if she's processing my words.

Then she squeals. I wince closing my eyes at the sound of her high-pitched voice.