• Chapter Forty Two

Hey guys! Early Update!!

Thank you all so much for almost reaching half a million reads! It's surreal i swear. Just a short chapter but very very important

• CHAPTER FORTY-TWO

_______________________________________

Marloe Loise Steven:

"What are we going to do about Rebecca?" I ask Clace once we both calm down.

He sighs heavily, looking a little better now. It still pains me to see him like this. He's a mess, a total wreck, all because of me.

In times like this, I can't help but question if we truly deserve each other. There is a weight in my chest that appears every time I think about last night. If we supposedly feel so strongly about each other, then why do we have to assume things so easily.

Just like Clace, I'm new to all this. I have never had a boyfriend, but we've technically been together ever since our diaper days. We just know each other so well.

But why does it seem like we are still getting to know each other? Ever since our relationship started, new feelings have surfaced. Feelings that are completely foreign to me.

Feelings like jealousy and how scared I am of losing him. It's as if he's a toy and someone will suddenly snatch him away from me. It's ridiculous.

As for him, he's changed. Ever since we got together, he's become so possessive and is now is capable of losing his shit and hurting someone. Even if that someone is a girl.

What if we really aren't good for each other? What if this is all a sign of a future unhealthy relationship. Perhaps we need to mature more and get to know ourselves as people better. I think we need some space.

'Can you not?! You're heading in a stupid direction! Are you even hearing yourself? Because I am and do you know what I think? I think that what you're saying is absolutely stupid!'

My inner princess scolds me, stopping me from my idiotic mind battle. I roll my eyes at her scowling back. What a bitch of a subconscious!

"I have a contract with her so I guess I'll just have to deal with her," he said looking at me. "But you know she's very adamant about her decision on my relationship status. I really do hate that she wants me to keep it a secret," he said frustratedly, dragging me out of my inner fight with my inner bitch slash princess. I push the ridiculous thought- while silently agreeing with my inner bitch-to the back of my head and focus on Clace.

I sigh, knowing that what my inner voice is saying is true.

"Let's not make it a problem. Whatever she's planning, just go with it. I just can't help but feel like she wants you to be with Kelly. Last night was all her doing, she wants you to be seen with her. But what matters now, is that we agree that no matter what happens, we will stick together and stop assuming things, talking things out instead."I said.

To my surprise, Clace nods in agreement, a genuine smile slowly creeping onto his beautifully sculpted luscious, and oh-so-pink lips(insert dreamy sigh here).

"Yeah, no more doubts, I completely agree. Whatever her scheme is, let's not let it get into our heads, okay?" He asks determinedly, still smiling like the sun just shined after a year of darkness. This small action caused my chest to broaden in relief and contentment.

I wish we were always like this, working things out instead of assuming.

'You see? Now that's a healthy relationship.' I mutter in my head, winking at my inner bitch.