• Chapter Thirteen

This Chapter is dedicated to @Mia_blazed for her constant support to this story since the beginning and all to all my other stories. Thankyou so much.

So here it is.....

• CHAPTER THIRTEEN
________________________________________

MARLOE LOISE STEVEN

"I think I like my best friend" I mutter silently staring into space.

"You like me?" She asks dumbfounded. I scrunch my brows turning to glare at her.

"You know what I mean," I said gritting my teeth.

"You need to be specific with me." She says nonchalantly. She really wants me to say it. Damn this girl! I sigh and look around making sure we are alone.

"I think I like Clace," I whisper in her ear, she gasps looking at me with wide eyes. Her jaw is hanging slack and to my surprise, Vicky let out a very loud shriek. I mean squeal.

"Oh my god! Omfg! Omg! Like oh my god! You finally realize it! Thank God!! I never thought I'd live to see this day! Oh my...took you long enough." She continues still looking smug. I frown at her.

"What do you mean, he is my best friend Vick, I don't think it's right," I say silently. Vicky sighs turning serious while narrowing her eyes at me.

"He is not your best friend. I. Am. Your. Best. Friend." She says emphasizing each word as if I don't speak English. I am more confused now.

"What are you talking about? Clace is my best friend since childhood and I don't think it's right to feel this way towards him" I admit softly. She groans flicking my forehead.

"Ow! What was that for?" I exclaim glaring at her touching the part where she hit me. It's hurting so bad.

"That my girl is to wake you up. A guy and a girl can never be best friends, it's a universal rule."

"What do you mean?"

"It's for you to know my girl." She deadpans.

"Tell me what to do," I ask desperately.

"The easiest way is to tell him," she tells me fluttering her eyelids. Was that necessary? I groan.

"There's no way I'll tell him that!"

"Then wait forever. The guy has suffered enough, it's time for you to make your move."

"What you mean he's suffered enough?" I inquire curiously.

"I'm not telling you." She says shaking her head.

"Who's side are you on? Come on Vick, give me some advice."

"I already did."

I groan frustratedly. This is hopeless. We are currently sitting on the bleacher of the football field and I succumbed to her because I couldn't take it anymore. I need to tell someone about my feelings or my chest will burst. It was the first day of school since spring break and Vicky is the second option I trust with this. I can't tell Regina because after the stunt she pulled up yesterday it's quite obvious that she still has feelings for my best friend.

So yes, yesterday we went to the falls altogether. And by that, I mean all our close friends. And Regina was clinging onto Clace as if they were still together. It's weird that I feel uncomfortable now since I wasn't before. I used to squeal in awe when they used to act lovey-dovey towards each other before, but yesterday I totally felt the familiar pang in my chest. Clace on the other hand though acted weird. It was as if he didn't know why she was acting like that himself. Maybe because he broke up with her and she still acted like they were together.