• Chapter Ten

Our highest rank was #79 in HUMOR and #121 in TEEN FIC!! Sar and I seriously died. Thank you all so much!!!

This chapter is dedicated to: @SARAH798! Thank you so much for supporting all my works! I appreciate it a lot!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Being a writer is a freaking nightmare, it's filled with never-ending rejection, only an insane person would pursue it. But guess what? I didn't have a choice. Telling stories is the only way I know how to make sense of the world around me.

- Awkward

• CHAPTER TEN
________________________________________

Clark Caleb Wesley ;)

I pull over my car outside the coffee shop and hurriedly unbuckle my seatbelt and step out of the car. Thankfully I don't feel nervous at all, although I don't have a reason to, she knows why I'm meeting her in the first place. I make my way to the glass door and push it open, the chiming of the bells from the impact of the door erupted indicating a customer walked in. I take a deep breath as I look around for the red-haired girl. I feel sad all of the sudden. God knows how much I don't want to do this but I have to.

This relationship is going nowhere and there's no point in staying in it. After all, this was all just an agreement. For some reason, a gut tightens inside my stomach at the thought. But she knows why I had to do this. I know she'll understand.

I'm giving up. Yeah sometimes in our life there are things that we desperately want to have but we can simply not get them even when we work hard for them. It's simply not for you and I have accepted it now. And maybe I'll try to move on or should I say forget. Who am I kidding?
I can't believe this time has come. I guess I'm just exhausted.

"Clark!" I heard someone call. I turn around tracing the direction of the familiar voice.

"Over here!" she calls again, and finally I spot her behind the tall couch waving her hand vigorously. I smile, I can't help but feel relieved as I see her face light up with excitement. I make my way to hers with the same expression on my face, I really hope it turns out better though, but our heart wants who it wants. We just can't simply force it.

I know, I know I sound like a pussy. Got a problem? Get over it. You'll fall in love too one day and I'll be there to say, I fucking told you so!

"You look great," I state as I stop in front of her. She stood up and I kissed her cheek which turned pink. She's one of the most beautiful girls I've ever met, not to mention the nicest. She's wearing a pretty tight decent purple halter neck dress that goes down to her thighs above the knees. She's stunning, any guy would be so lucky to have her.

"Have a seat, Clark," she mutters as her face falls and her voice goes down sounding defeated or maybe I'm just imagining it. I brush off the thought and sit down across from her.

"I ordered already, I hope you don't mind, it's the usual." She informs me in a cheerful voice again. One of the best things about Regina is that she can be so thoughtful and sweet when she wants to be, she really knows how to play her role right. I chuckle and shake my head. By the usual, she means cappuccino for me and a caramel frap for her.

"How was your spring break?" she asks making a conversation. I sigh thinking about a certain stubborn girl. My spring break was filled with disappointment, nonetheless, it was quite fun. Being with her is the happiest place for me but let's just say that mission failed. I think bitterly. God can you say pathetic. I feel like when I hear the word pathetic my face just pops out in my head. I define the word. That's gotta be hilarious.