5. SOMEBODY LIKE YOU

After Jimin and Taehyung's interaction with Jeongguk, it has taken the blond absolutely everything in his power to forget about how embarrassing the whole situation was. Of course not much of his effort has been of benefit, considering it's already been engraved in his mind.

At this point, he has nearly exhausted every single possible option to get his mind off of things. The final alternative is currently underway and as much as Jimin thought it to be a good idea, it definitely wasn't. Especially as he sits at a dinner table with an unwelcome hand cupping the inside of his thigh.

"So what do you do for a living?" the man asks, running his thumb up and down.

Jimin forces a smile, fidgeting his leg away from the man's hand. But no matter how hard he tries, the grip tightens. "I have to use the washroom." Eyes narrow in his direction questioningly but eventually, he's released.

There are people close but never near enough to see, which is why Jimin never rules out trying to find hook-ups through dating apps. But he never exactly anticipated the idea that he could be catfished. It would have been easy enough to just leave the moment he found out. However, his 'date' is making it more tricky than it needs to be.

As soon as Jimin makes it into the bathroom, he leans his arms against the sink counter and stares at his reflection. Typically, he's the shot caller. He makes the rules and always, those he chooses to sleep with abide by them. It's the sense of control he lacked when he was with Ryung that he craves.

But as he stands here he wonders just exactly why he had been so lenient. Why he allowed his 'date' to choose their location, is beyond him. There's a faint echo in the back of his mind, telling him that it's because this strange man's profile faintly reminded him of Jeongguk. But he forces the thought down. Because currently, whoever is sitting at one of the dinner tables in this restaurant, just outside of the bathroom, is definitely not who he claimed to be.

Jimin pulls his phone out of his pocket and scrolls through his contact list, locating Taehyung's number. He presses down on his name for a phone call but before he can complete the action fully, an unknown caller ID pops up on his screen. He realizes that it could potentially be somebody from school or work so he answers.

"Hello?" he says.

"Is this Jimin?"

Jimin's lips part. "Jeongguk? How the hell did you get my number?"

"Your purple-headed friend gave it to me during our little interaction the other day. And you've clearly been avoiding me so I figured I'd be the first to make a move. Did you forget about our proposal?"

"I don't remember agreeing to any kind of proposal, Sir." Jimin leans his backside against the bathroom sink, folding one of his arms over his chest.

"You're playing hard to get, aren't you? That sum of money that I gave you wasn't enough, little minx?"

Jimin scoffs. "How can you think I'd be so easy, Sir? You think one pile of cash is enough to have me on my knees and at your feet? It was a one-time thing. I've already told you. I didn't agree to anything." His lips lift into a cocky grin.

"But it was enough, wasn't it? After all, I did have you underneath me, completely naked. God, you're so vocal. You know that, right? I can still hear the way you felt that night, Jimin. And I know you can still feel me."

Holding his breath, Jimin's fingers move to play with the hem of his hoodie. "I can't feel anything. Stop trying to rope me in, Jeongguk. It isn't going to work. Not on me." His next intention is to end the call but the bathroom door opening thwarts all of his movements.