19. SETTLE IN

Jimin couldn't be more thankful for the fact that it's reading week. This gives him a chance to settle into his new apartment room - he does what he can to push aside every thought reminding him that it was only possible because of Jeongguk's money.

To be fair, he hasn't been asking. The very thing that made their little deal what it was, no longer passes in his mind. In all honestly, in some aspect, it doesn't even really exist.

He even told Jeongguk that it was okay and that he could find another job to pay for all of his bills. But in reality, with the kind of apartment room he currently has, the few shifts a week at a minimum wage job isn't going to be enough.

The invasive thought of moving into Jeongguk's penthouse presented itself often but he couldn't do so for multiple reasons. It's far too early into whatever kind of relationship they have and it'll make it way too easy to get caught. Not to mention Jeongguk's father should definitely be in the city by now. Jimin just hopes that he never runs into him for any reason.

Jimin nudges the door open a little bit further with his foot, carrying the second last box into his apartment room, setting it on the island in the kitchen. He didn't have much to begin with because he left a lot of stuff behind at his old place. But Taehyung gave him some things and if Jimin didn't know any better, the former was eagerly waiting for him to get out.

He understands, though. With Hoseok living there as well, sometimes the place got a little stuffy. Jimin's just thankful he doesn't have to face the pink headed male again - not after the little verbal scuffle him and Jeongguk had. The latter had made far too many accurate points and jabbed a little deeper than what was probably necessary. But the more Jimin thinks about it, Jeongguk's bold and blunt approach was definitely a deserved. Because Hoseok doesn't seem to be the type to let things - people - go very easily.

Not only has Jimin been thinking about this, but also Jeongguk's brother in particular. He wonders how the conversation went between him and Jeongguk - what the latter actually ended up saying. What did they even talk about? He had been left in the dark no matter how many times he asked.

Jimin tells himself that it's for the better and if Jeongguk is trying to ignore the fact that Ro-un exists, then the conversation must have went in his favour. So he too is going to pretend that Ro-un has always been some kind of figment of his imagination. That way, hopefully, gradually, over time Jimin will forget about him.

As much as he wants to relax and start unpacking, he needs to head out and buy some of the essentials. Nothing will be worse than eagerly needing some water, only to find that there are no glasses.

He sighs quietly, letting his head fall. As excited as he is, he could be focusing on other things that are slightly more important. The sound of the front door closing stirs Jimin from his thoughts but only slightly. It isn't long before he feels Jeongguk's arms wrap around him from the back, pulling him in close. A chin lands on his shoulder.

"That was the last box," he says, voice soft as his arms tighten around Jimin's stomach.

Jimin smiles, placing his fingers over top of Jeongguk's hands. "This is crazy," he murmurs, staring at the time on the stove. "And it feels wrong."

"Hey." Jeongguk turns Jimin around slowly, pushing some of his hair behind his ear. "I'm doing this for you willingly. There's no reason you should be feeling bad, okay?" He leans in, pecking the student on his lips.

"Do you promise?" Jimin asks him, peering up through his lashes.

Jeongguk nods his head. "I do, I promise. Let me help you unpack the boxes you have." He brushes Jimin's cheekbone with his thumb and turns toward the island, pulling one of the boxes open.