41. I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU

Jeon Ro-Un has been detained after an attempt to flee the country under charges of murder under the first degree and as an accomplice of burglary. Despite knowing that he is in fact the murderer of his older sister, Jeon Soomin, the exact details of the case have yet to be disclosed...

Jimin is holding tightly onto Jeongguk's arm as they sit next to each other on the living room couch of his penthouse room. Despite hours at the police station after the time of Ro-Un's arrest, most of the news outlets are still covering the latest scandal.

Head resting on Jeongguk's shoulder, Jimin peers up at his seemingly wearied boyfriend, watching the way his heavy eyes follow the scenes as they unfold on the television.

As much as Jimin wants to call it a night and get some rest, mostly for Jeongguk's sake, he can't blame him for not being able to pry his attention away from the news.

"Hyung," Jimin murmurs, lips chapped but yearning for the softness of his boyfriend's skin. "Should we get some rest? It's been a long day," he suggests.

Jeongguk's eyes hardly quiver. "I'll be lucky if I get an hour of sleep."

Jimin hums. "Just come and lay down next to me. I know your mind feels like it's about to explode," he adds, brushing strands of hair out of Jeongguk's eyes.

Jeongguk reaches for the TV remote, hovering it in front of the TV for a few seconds before finally turning it off. He places the remote back on top of the table, looking over at the blond.

"Come here." Jimin stands, reaching for Jeongguk's hand.

The latter complies, allowing himself to be taken toward the bedroom. Jimin climbs onto the bed first, encouraging him to claim the spot to his left.

While sitting, leaning against the headboard, Jeongguk lays down, snuggling into Jimin leg and resting his head on his thigh.

The blond begins to feather his fingers through locks of brown hair, touching gently around his cheek every now and then, admiring Jeongguk as he rest meekly in his lap.

"I know you have a lot to think about right now. I can't even begin to imagine how confused and hurt you may be. But whatever decisions you decide to make, I'll be there every step of the way. I always have been and I always will be. I knew I was locked in for good the second you talked to me at the club," Jimin adds.

Jeongguk laughs and it's music to Jimin's ears. "All this time I thought I had to fight tooth and nail but if I had pulled away for one second, you would have come running to me?"

Jimin smiles. "Would you have stayed if I acted desperately?"

Jeongguk peers up at Jimin. "Have you seen yourself? The chase was fun and definitely made me more interested. But I would have just as easily taken you home if you begged me to."

Thwack. Jimin hits Jeongguk's arm. "When I play hard to get, I usually scare people away. I took a chance when I gave myself to you that night. I'm glad I did."

It's quiet for a moment and the sound of raindrops pattering against the window echoes throughout the bedroom. It's an intertwined sentiment of melancholia and peace that Jimin welcomes openly in spite of current obstacles.

"You know, we've been together for quite some time and I can't recall if we've ever talked about that night at the club. I wasn't in the greatest headspace and it seemed like everything around me was falling to pieces. But you came out of nowhere and changed that. I was lonely, reckless and it was messy. But it was perfect. You were perfect and I knew it as soon as I saw you for the first time. And every time after that, even situations that led to chaos, the way I felt about you was and will always be undisputed."

Jeongguk lifts himself onto his arms, staring at Jimin. Lately, the businessman's eyes have been reluctant and unsteady. But in this moment, as he absorbs what has been said by such pretty lips, they're resolute.

Jimin peers into Jeongguk's eyes, a fleeting sensation of passion lingering in the air. Things have been so hectic as of late, the blond almost forgets what it's like to be held in the arms of the person he adores most in this ruthless world.

Jeongguk leans in closer, grabbing Jimin by his chin. He looks at his eyes, lips, back into his eyes. His thumb shifts over his bottom lip in a subtle display of want - desire.

Jimin's hand swings upward, holding tightly onto Jeongguk's wrist, as if he's afraid that once he lets go, he'll lose him for good.

"You're the most beautiful person I've ever set my eyes on. Nothing can compare to the way I feel so completely and utterly spellbound by the captivating look in your eyes, or the way your eyes shrink when I make you laugh so hard you can barely breathe. I was sitting there, in that same spot almost the whole night, just admiring you because I was almost too afraid that I wouldn't be good enough for you. And sometimes, I still feel the same way," Jeongguk whispers, still holding onto Jimin's face.

Jimin's lips curve into a smile. Even now, he still manages to respond modestly to Jeongguk's words of admiration. His grasp around the man's wrist gets tighter as he waits eagerly but willingly for lips on his own.

"I want to be yours forever. I want you to have me forever," Jeongguk breathes, finally leaning in to place his lips against Jimin's.

Jimin hums almost silently into the kiss, hand falling weak as it stumbles from Jeongguk's wrist, onto his thigh. His jaw is caught within avid fingers and his head is manoeuvred carefully to collide seamlessly within the embrace of loving lips and the tender touch of devoted hands.

Jimin slips onto his back, a moment found where he can speak between kisses. "This is the beginning of something new. It's going to take some time for things to feel normal again and it's going to be hard. We still have a long way to go with difficult changes but one thing will remain the same. I will always love you," he whispers.

Jeongguk, now hovering over top of Jimin's body, brushes at Jimin's hair with his fingers. "And I will always love you more," he replies, leaning back down to kiss him before he can argue.

(a/n): heeeeeey everyone. 🥺 i know this ending probably seemed very rushed and i'm sorry. i just sat down finally and went for it and didn't want to go into detail because i'm going to be real, i got a new phone and lost all my notes. ): anyways i just wanted to give u guys a conclusion to hopefully give y'all some closure. i know there was a lot of angst toward the end but if any of u have read mhbtw, u know that's absolutely how i roll. hopefully u guys enjoyed this book and i'm sorry again if it isn't what u imagined. take care and hopefully i'll see u all in another book chapter soon! - morgan xoxo