13. HEARTBEAT

One thing Jimin seems to have gotten extremely good at is avoiding whatever he doesn't feel like dealing with in the moment. And as of right now, it just so happens to be leaving the house - of course except when he needs to get to his classes.

Strangely enough, though, Jeongguk hasn't tried contacting him within the last few days. Not since their night at the club. And it's strange because he's usually always reaching out - always so sure of what he wants and when he wants it.

As of late, Jimin seems to be one of those things and he just can't figure out why. But he doesn't want to figure out why, does he? Maybe that's what he keeps trying to remind himself. Because as stubborn as he seems to be, he has not parted with his phone, just waiting. Waiting for what, exactly?

Would it be so bad if he said he was waiting for a text from Jeongguk? It doesn't feel right because he has never been the type to wait since his last relationship that fell through.

Since he's unable to focus, he tosses his study material to the side, standing from his bed. He paces the floor, running his fingers through his hair until it's a mess. Everything has felt pretty messed up lately and this house is one of the last places he'd rather be - mostly because he wants to do what he can to get away from Hoseok.

He's afraid, thinking about how the warmth of Jeongguk's arms after they spend the night together feels so right - feels so perfect. He has so many questions, his head feels like it's about to explode with the pressure. And as much as he wants an explanation, he's beyond terrified to come to terms with the way that he's acting.

Because he has been here before in his last relationship. He recognizes the yearning and what it entails. He recognizes the ripe emotions fulminating in his chest - how dangerous they can be and how royally screwed he'll make himself if he chooses to open up and let them blossom like he knows they shouldn't.

The more he thinks about his rejection toward other men, the more he realizes that that's when things started to take a turn. Hoseok is handsome and so is Ro-un; and they're probably both fucking good in bed. But the thought of other hands on him - hands that don't belong to Jeongguk. It makes him feel slightly queasy and he needs to sit back down on his bed, otherwise he's going to fall over.

"Fuck," Jimin lets out a shaky breath, holding his palms against his face. "Just ignore it. It will go away if you ignore it," he mumbles to himself, hoping it will make the situation better. And maybe hoping that somehow, in some way, he'll dissappear.

Suddenly, Jimin's phone goes off.

JEONGGUK:
I need to speak with you and it
can't be done over the phone. I'll
send you the address of my office
and which floor I'm on. Everyone else
has gone home. Come ASAP.

Jimin eyes the text message, not realizing that he's been trembling until he tries to reply. He sends a short 'OK' and briefly after, he's sent the details he needs in order to go to the location.

This isn't going to be a repeat of what happened at the club, is it? It can't be, not since Jeongguk is at his work office. It'd be wreckless, especially considering Jimin's aware that he's a secret.

He sighs, looking at the time. It's extremely late. Like, two in the morning late. He doesn't understand why Jeongguk is still up. He wishes he didn't know the reason he's still up but the fact of the matter is that he can't shut his brain off. If he's going to be up all night, maybe he should try to fight the constant and disruptive feeling in his stomach.

Maybe he should take this opportunity to call things off. That's what he'll do.

Jimin is only in a pair of sweats. He grabs a thin zip up hoodie from off of the back of the couch and pulls it over his arms. It probably won't be warm enough but it isn't like he's going to be staying long. He pushes his feet into some small slip-on converse and heads out, closing the door behind him quietly. Honestly, he has no idea if anyone is home but he doesn't want to risk waking them up.