32. ON THE RUN

It has been a few days since Jeongguk's father apologized on their behalf. A few days since Jeongguk has taken it upon himself to come up with a statement regarding their current situation.

Needless to say, Jimin hasn't been able to sleep. He's been nervous as all hell, trying to distract himself from the burning urge to check social media. But it seems that with every corner, there's something there to remind him of the chaos that they've found themselves in.

However, thankfully, the bodies outside have gone down almost to a state of nothingness. There's the odd person here and there but him and Jeongguk have been doing a good job at staying on the down low and Namjoon and Taehyung have been a lot of help, too.

Jeongguk's sister has reached out too and to Jimin's surprise, she's on their side. He had nearly been convinced that all of the Jeon's had bad blood but suppose he's wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.

But a hot shower helps to ease some of the tension he's feeling in his shoulders and his back. Some of his thoughts appear to melt away, too. He can seldom escape them, especially when he's a constant thinker. Perhaps it's where he is, who's just in the other room ― well, who he thought was in the other room.

When lips press against his neck, he's surprised and a gasp is silenced by the hot water landing against the floor of the shower. Hands snake around Jimin's waist and he finds his head falling back against Jeongguk's shoulder and his body becoming weightless like a feather.

"How are you feeling?" Jeongguk asks into his ear.

"Better now that you're here," Jimin replies, snaking his arms over top of Jeongguk's. "I've been so stressed lately but I can't even imagine what you've been going through."

Hands move from Jimin's waist to the small of his back. "I've been doing better with Namjoon's help. I've had a lot of deciding to do and I don't think I would have been able to reach a decision without his consensus. I'm pulling a lot on the line but I couldn't imagine doing it any other way," Jeongguk adds.

Jimin turns within Jeongguk's soft touch, looking into his eyes while the water glides down his back. "What kind of decision did you make? I don't want you to regret your decision, Hyung. Think about the future."

"I've told you countless times already that you are my future. You mean more to me than any job ever could. Which is why I'm going to leave it behind. Ro-un can take over, I honestly don't care―"

"Jeongguk," Jimin interrupts him with an edge to his voice that the man is unfamiliar with.

"Min," Jeongguk says, just as strongly, gripping him by his chin. "I'm ready to leave that part of me behind. We can leave the city and find a home by the seaside. I'm tired of caring what other people think."

Jimin can feel his head lowering in guilt but Jeongguk doesn't let his chin fall. He hand moves down to his next very slowly and his slim fingers rest there. The blond's eyes soften and evict any sign of doubt as Jeongguk's level with his own.

Things have been so out of hand lately that they haven't had an intimate moment like this in a very long time. Jeongguk leans in and kisses him on his lips while tugging him closer by his hip until their bodies collide.

Jimin's breath hitches, and their tongues meet in a passionate kiss ― one ardent enough to convice those unfamiliar that they've been separated for months. He can feel his heart move with zealous in his chest and his skin set on fire with each inch that's met by Jeongguk's fingertips. He feels the excitement of their very first encounter and yet months of disregarded feelings and pining.

"Hyung," Jimin breathes against Jeongguk's lips when his leg is lifted. He wraps his arms around the man's neck to keep himself on his feet.

Jeongguk's lips move from Jimin's mouth to his neck, dragging along his skin. The latter is turned around slowly, pressing his hands against the wall of the shower as Jeongguk caresses his hips, leaning over his bent body to nibble on his ear.