27. JEALOUSY

Jimin has spent the past hour doing his school work, trying to keep the advice Jeongguk has given him in mind. However, he hasn't been able to focus because Taehyung has been taking up most of his thought process that would otherwise be dedicated to his section of the group project he's working on.

And so he decides to close his books, sending Taehyung a quick text, asking to meet up. He needs to tell him the truth, even if it hurts.

When he gets a reply, he smiles to himself and changes out of his pajamas into something else before leaving his apartment room.

They decide to meet up somewhere that's usually more quiet. There's a little bakery not too far from either of their places which ends up being the perfect option.

Jimin walks in first and finds Taehyung sitting at a booth in the corner. He exchanges smiles with him and takes a seat across from him. His best friend looks happy - this will only make breaking the news that much harder.

"How are you feeling since we last spoke? You kind of just took off and I didn't see you again all night," Taehyung says, sipping from his water.

Rubbing the nape of his neck, Jimin breaks into a sheepish grin. "I had an emergency," he replies, not being as truthful as he could be but also not entirely lying.

"It's okay," Taehyung shrugs. "It got really busy after that, anyways. We also had to kick some people out. It got messy." His eyebrows come to a furrow as he focuses on the straw between his fingers.

"I remember all too well what that was like," Jimin replies, placing his chin against his palm. If the conversation keeps going this way, he won't want to turn it bitter by bringing up Ro-un. But he has no choice.

"Listen, Tae," he says quietly after some thought, playing with his fingers beneath the table. He doesn't want to showcase the nerves biting at his skin. "When I was at the bar that one night, there was an emergency, yeah, that's why I left. But there's more to it than that."

Taehyung looks up, releasing his straw from his fingers, pushing his glass further into the center of the table. His eyes have narrowed slightly to show interest but also a clear indication of unease.

Releasing a breath, Jimin prepares himself for anything. He doesn't know how Taehyung is going to react after the small changes he has been going through.

"The guy at the bar you were talking to you... the one you have been talking to... he's no good. He's going to break your heart and I don't want to see you get hurt. He's a player." Jimin looks at Taehyung intensively.

Taehyung leans into the back of his booth, folding his arms over his chest. Jimin can't tell what he's thinking - it's like he has every emotion possible flashing through his eyes.

"Why do you say that?" he asks and his voice is colder.

Jimin pulls on his bottom lip, hesitant. "Because that night after he left, after he was done talking to you, he found me outside and he kissed me on the lips. He's bad, Taehyung." After the confession leaves his mouth, Jimin feels more confident that what he's doing is right.

"...You seem to know a lot about him for only seeing him once," Taehyung suggests and a single brow lifts.

Now this is where it gets tricky. Jimin's palms have gotten clammy so he rubs them against his thighs. He doesn't want to tell Taehyung. He doesn't have to but he should. He doesn't want his best friend involved in any scandals.

"He's Jeongguk Hyung's younger brother," he blurts out.

And the look on Taehyung's face doesn't surprise him. Anger, frustration and maybe a little bit of jealousy. It's a confusion mix and one for disaster.