28. BEGINNING OF THE END

Jeongguk's words move from the phone to Jimin's ears but he can't process them. He's sitting limply against the side of his car, staring at his dirty knees.

Everyone knows. Absolutely everyone.

"Please, Jimin tell me where you are."

Even through the pleading of Jeongguk's voice, Jimin can hear yelling in the back and rustling against the phone. He looks up, not exactly too sure where he is. But he finds a street sign and tells him the location.

"Sit tight. I'll be there soon. Stay on the phone with me, please."

"Okay," Jimin replies quietly.

As if the argument he had with Taehyung bad wasn't enough, his heart is still hammering in his chest from the incident on the street. He has been called names before because of his sexuality but he has never had to face physical violence. It instills a new kind of fear inside of him - fear he didn't quite know was possible. His fingers are trembling around the phone so he places it on the ground carefully, hugging his knees against his chest.

It isn't that much longer before Jeongguk shows up. He rolls into the vacant, gravely parking lot and comes barreling out of his car and next to Jimin.

"Jimin," he calls out softly, reaching out to grip the boy's chin carefully. He pays no mind to the small bit of dribble coating his fingertips as he scans Jimin's forehead. "How did this happen?"

Jimin reaches up to wrap his fingers around Jeongguk's. "I was talking to Taehyung and we had an argument and when I got out of the bakery, people started talking and staring. I got into my car and someone smashed my window. I think I got a couple of cuts." Voice fragile and quiet, he looks into the man's eyes. He can't stop the tears from rolling.

Jeongguk's expression molds into a combination of anger and sadness. He pulls a handkerchief out of his pocket, wiping at Jimin's lips gently.

"People are going to see us, Hyung. You have to go." Jimin paws at Jeongguk's chest, doing what he can to push him back.

But Jeongguk resists. "I'm not going anywhere. You think I'm going to leave you like this, Min? Everyone knows. I don't know who did it but we're in this together, okay? I'm not letting you go. I won't. I love you too much," he insists.

The sound of cars driving by is very minimal. But one stops and of course out of curiosity, so do the rest. Jeongguk scoops Jimin into his arms, walking to his car. He places him in the back, where the windows are tinted, removing his suit jacket and placing it over top of him.

Jeongguk then closes the door, making sure that it's locked before he takes out his phone to call for a tow truck. From a distance, Hoseok is spotted running over as he had been given a call the second Jeongguk found out where Jimin was.

"Holy fuck, the cars are starting to pile up. Where's Jimin?" Hoseok asks, dragging his fingers through his short pink hair.

"Back seat of my car," Jeongguk replies, holding his keys out to Hoseok. "I don't know where you're staying. But take him somewhere safe for me. Take a look at his cuts and make sure he gets washed up. He has some vomit on his shirt." Hoseok takes the keys out of Jeongguk's hand.

"Hoseok," Jeongguk projects just before Hoseok gets into the car. "I trust you."

Hoseok looks over his shoulder. "I will make sure he gets back safely. I'll call you." He pops the door open, climbing inside.

As the car rolls away, Jeongguk watches just to be sure they get out okay. And they do. But it isn't long before everyone starts approaching him with their phones out - as news reporters herd the typically empty parking lot. News travels extremely fast.