36. TODAY IS JUST DAY SEVEN

It has been a week since Soomin's passing.

Rather than staying at the penthouse, Jimin and Jeongguk have been keeping quiet at the former's apartment. It has been a lot less stressful and as far as the blond is aware, less teeming of memories.

The weather hasn't let up once. It has been raining non-stop, and the sky has looked grim ever since the accident. Jimin sits next to the window, curled up on the couch while watching the droplets slither down the glass.

It's been hard trying to be there for Jeongguk. This is the first time Jimin has ever seen him like this. The former has been locked away in the bedroom for the most part. He only pops out to eat every so often, usually skipping meals.

Even so, Jimin has tried to leave plates of food outside of the bedroom door. But to no avail, they're left in the exact same place they were put. It hurts him because he knows that Jeongguk is hurting.

Running water pulls Jimin from his pondering. He looks over his shoulder toward the hallway, shifting beneath the blanket that's covering his legs. Tossing it to the side, he climbs off of the couch and wanders through the apartment, down the hall until he's standing in front of the bathroom.

Jimin knocks on the door lightly, waiting patiently to hear Jeongguk's voice. But there's no reply.

"Hyung," Jimin murmurs, grazing his fingers over the doorknob. "I just wanna know you're okay. You've had me worried sick," he says.

Left with nothing but silence as a reply, Jimin listens to the feeling in his gut and twists the knob, pushing the door open. His face falls at the sight of Jeongguk sat on the ground of the shower, leaned up against the side with his head deflated. Still fully dressed, the water clings to his clothes, dripping from the creases.

"Jeongguk Hyung," Jimin whispers, woeful.

The second he lowers himself beside Jeongguk, the man's arms wrap around the blond's waist. Jimin frowns, bottom lip trembling as he cradles his head.

"I'm right here," he reminds him. "I've been here the whole time. Confide in me, Hyung." Jimin threads his fingers through Jeongguk's hair.

"I'm sorry," Jeongguk whimpers, crushing Jimin's shirt between his fingers. "I just don't know what to do with myself anymore."

Jimin curls his lips in between his teeth, softly biting down for a moment to keep his tears from falling. "You don't have to apologize. Everyone deals with grief differently. You're allowed to feel lost. I felt the same way when my parents passed away. You never let go of the feeling but you learn to co-exist with it."

Finally, Jeongguk lifts his head. He's peering up at Jimin, eyes red and swollen. His grip on the blond's shirt moves to the nape of his neck where he holds gently, brushing his thumb over the skin with tender strokes.

"There's absolutely nothing wrong with you," Jimin continues. "There's nothing wrong with the way you're reacting to her passing. This is all perfectly normal, yeah?" he reminds him.

Jeongguk nods his head. He's shifting ungainly in his drenched suit jacket, to which Jimin removes from his torso carefully. He then stands, turning the water off.

"Let's head down to the pool, maybe it will help get your mind off of things. I called ahead of time to make sure that no one is there. I pulled some strings." Jimin smiles, returning to Jeongguk with a towel in hand.

Jeongguk peers up at Jimin, lips parted only slightly and eyes widened in curiosity through the hair falling over his forehead. "The pool?" he questions.

Jimin nods his head. He crouches down in front of Jeongguk, pushing his hair back. "I know you like swimming," he replies, noting the hesitation in the man's eyes. "Just trust me, okay?"