11. FADED

(a/n): recreational drug use bite me ;D

It seems like if Jimin isn't at school or at Taehyung's house, he's at the club. It's been a few days since he's quit and roughly five days since he last saw Jeongguk at his penthouse. He really doesn't want to think about their conversation or any of the impulses that led up to it. Everything is confusing right now but if there's one thing in specific that currently takes the cake, it's Jeongguk's emergency text.

As Jimin pulls into the parking lot, looking over the text, he wonders just what exactly could be such an emergency that has Jeongguk spending the evening at the club.

Althought Jimin could be doing something else entirely different - such as working on homework and assignments - he decides to forget about his priorities just for now. That and he still doesn't feel like facing Hoseok.

As soon as the car door opens, a little chill hits Jimin's ankles. He didn't really dress up since he isn't planning on staying. A pair of sweats and a hoodie are what currently keep him nice and comfortable but the club is going to be warm the second he steps foot inside, just like it always is. Rather than fighting the inevitable, he walks toward the club entrance and steps foot inside.

Coming here for other reasons than work feels extremely different. Jimin has never come here for fun, only to keep himself at least somewhat sustained. Somehow, the atmosphere is almost different because of it. He lowers his hood and he scans the club, remembering that Jeongguk had told him he has a private room. He walks toward the other side of the building, stopped by someone he knows all too well - someone who has had to protect him during many occasions.

"Chung-Ae," he says as best as he can above the loud music. "I'm here to see Jeongguk."

Surprisingly enough, the man looks at him calmly. As far as Jimin is aware, not many people know that they're seeing each other. Would he even call it that? He's totally okay with being a secret but with a set up like this, it's difficult to know who is going to keep things a secret. Jeongguk doesn't even seem to be very open about his sexual and romantic life with his siblings - at least with what he's heard.

When Jimin sees a pile of cash in the man's apron, though, it's a dead giveaway. Jeongguk seems to have enough money to hand out whenever he wants something his way and the blond isn't sure whether or not he feels jealous or annoyed.

Either way, he's allowed through and just down a small hallway, Jeongguk's room is at the very end. Jimin has actually never been into any of the private locations in the club so the velvety maroon walls distract him slightly. But something else strikes his attention, taking him more off guard which happens to be the mild stench of Marijuana.

As soon as Jimin pushes the curtain out of the way, it becomes more potent. When Jeongguk takes a hit from his rolled joint, he doesn't look like the misfit teenagers who do it. He's poised and despite the indecency said hobby may reflect, somehow, the businessman doesn't seem incredibly affected.

"You're... smoking weed?" Jimin asks with a subtle inflection of his voice. He isn't totally surprised but it also isn't something he'd expect of a renowned businessman. For some odd reason, it feels as though it'd be a breach of principles. But at the end of the day, what Jimin knows most about Jeongguk is his body.

"I needed to unwind," Jeongguk replies, taking another puff, letting the smoke halo from his lips. It seems like he's had practice. "Does it bother you?"

More conflicted than anything, Jimin doesn't necessarily say anything. He opens his mouth to speak but only a small sound comes out, like his words have been blocked in by something. The smell doesn't really bother him and neither does the act of smoking weed in itself because when he was younger, he dabbled in it. He was sure most people did and he didn't exactly despise the experience; although, he never really sought another hit.