33. THE TRUTH

There is no measure of fear comparable to that which Jimin feels so greatly in every inch of his body.

He didn't want to wake up this morning simply because he knew what was coming.

There will be no more speculation and no more senseless rumours. Only truth, even if it has to inflict damage in the beginning for things to get better.

"Min."

There's an echo of a voice in the back of Jimin's mind. He wriggles, hoping that it will go away. But when he's called to again, he realizes that it's Jeongguk.

"Baby, it's time to get up. It's almost twelve." Jeongguk reaches forward, tucking loose strands of honey blond behind Jimin's ear. "We have a big and long day ahead of us. I've made you some breakfast and picked out some clothes for you."

Slowly, Jimin sits in place. He's ruffling the hair on the back of his head, glancing at Jeongguk with a slight furrow to his brows. "You're acting like it's my life on the line and not yours. I should be making you breakfast and picking out your clothes."

Jeongguk chuckles, and Jimin's eyes gravitate toward his smile. "These actions just reflect who I am as a person, Min. I do them without thinking."

The earlier days of their relationship flood Jimin's mind. Jeongguk had always been stubborn - they both were. But no matter how stubborn he was, he was just as sweet in his nature. Never once did Jimin feel like he lacked value.

"You know, some days I can't believe that you're actually real," Jimin replies, playing with his fingers. "I know how I deserve to be treated, and you definitely know how to treat me. Still, it feels surreal some days when I think about my past experiences with relationships. Knowing that they've never really gone well."

Jeongguk's smile softens. He sits on the edge of the bed, right next to Jimin. Reaching forward, he encompasses a small hand in his own. Jeongguk brings Jimin's palm to his cheek, and he sinks into the touch while his eyes flutter.

"What are you doing?" Jimin asks, a smile heard from the way he speaks.

"Just letting you adjust to my existence. I will remind you any chance I get that it's you and me, Min," Jeongguk replies, eyes opening to reveal the brown Jimin remembers drowning in the first time they met.

"You're so cheesy. I don't know if I'll ever be able to fully adjust, but at least I know you're here to remind me. I'm confident in myself. But sometimes you make me feel so gushy it's kind of gross." Jimin pinches Jeongguk's cheek, and the latter winces.

"Are you trying to start something you know you won't be able to win?" Jeongguk questions with mirth.

Jimin smirks. "Try me."

A squeak bounces off of the bedroom walls as Jimin falls onto the bed with Jeongguk over top of him. The blond's hands are pinned above his head while his waist is embraced by one of the businessman's palms.

"I just woke up, I still have morning breath," Jimin reminds him.

Jeongguk shrugs. "I don't care. Look at you," he says, eyes boring into Jimin's with an unrivaled level of adoration. "How can you look like this just after waking up? You aren't real."

Jimin's eyes flit between Jeongguk's eyes and his mouth. He wriggles one of his hands loose with the luck of the brunette's distraction, pulling him in by the collar of his shirt to kiss him on his lips.

Jeongguk hums quietly into the kiss, curling his fingers between Jimin's. They relish in it. The quietness and the stillness. The peace of it all.

When they part, Jimin brushes Jeongguk's hair out of his eyes, grinning at him. But a moment like this only lasts so long as the blond's lips turn into a frown.