23. JUST A KISS

Jeongguk pales and Jimin can see the transition happen within seconds. The former sits up and stares into the blond's eyes, clearly shocked by the sudden question.

"How... how did you know?" Jeongguk asks, mouth parted.

Jimin pulls on his bottom lip, sitting up. "I'm not stupid. And you're terrible at keeping secrets."

Maybe it was unethical of Jimin to see if Jeongguk would pleasure him without mentioning the woman he has been seeing. Although it isn't a valid excuse, his insecurities began to kick in the moment he had figured it out. Memories from his past came rushing back to him and they still do in tiny, powerful increments. He's confident about his body - of course he is. But knowing it's all some people like him for is nearly an impossible pill to swallow.

Like they say - old habits die hard and Jimin is beginning to wonder if there's validity behind it.

"I wasn't going to tell you because I no longer plan on seeing her, Jimin. If you knew, why didn't you say anything?" Jeongguk questions.

Jimin blinks at him. "Really? You're worried about the fact that I didn't say anything? Look, I know how important business is to you and your family. But you promised that we would get through all of this together. How can we if you're keeping secrets―"

"You keep secrets, too," Jeongguk interjects, quickly. "It isn't just me. Whatever is it that we have going on is built off of lies, Jimin."

Silence. Jimin can't seem to find the words to say and with the amount of frustration he feels burning up inside of him, he doesn't try. He climbs out of the bed and changes his underwear, pulling on a fresh pair of jeans.

"Jimin, where are you going?" Jeongguk asks while Jimin approaches the bedroom door.

"It doesn't concern you," the blond replies. "Since whatever it is that we have is built off of lies, what does it matter if I tell you?" While he makes his way out of the apartment room, he can hear Jeongguk calling out to him.

He doesn't look back and heads out of the complex, calling Taehyung's number. He doesn't get a reply, betting on the fact that he could be at work. His assumption is confirmed when he gets a text and changes his destination to the club he used to work at.

It's been awhile since he's visited, mostly because the environment was notably toxic, especially for him. Since he's no longer working there, however, he feels a lot less anxious since he can say and do (with limits of course) what he wants without the same repercussions he would as an employee.

The smell definitely hasn't changed as a musky aroma is the first thing to hit Jimin's nostrils. He spots Taehyung behind the counter and he makes his way over, taking a seat on one of the empty barstools.

"Hey, Min," he says while in the process of mixing a cocktail. "It's been awhile. What's up?" he asks.

Jimin sighs, leaning forward against the countertop. He doesn't even really know what to say because he isn't entirely sure what he's feeling.

And so he shrugs, chewing on his bottom lip while in thought. "A lot of stuff. I just needed a breath of fresh air," he answers.

"Understandable," Taehyung replies, throwing the cocktail together. Jimin watches. "How are things going between you and... you know who?"

Jimin turns his attention away from the bartending to look Taehyung in the eyes. He hesitates to answer at first. "Honestly, he's the reason I'm here. We had an argument. There's a possibility I could have overreacted but I've never really felt what I feel right now and it's throwing me off. I wish I could explain it to you."