39. MEDICATION

As much as Jimin wants to be upset, he can't blame Namjoon for giving most of his attention to Taehyung. None of them have tried contacting Jeongguk yet. Jimin doesn't want them to.

He fries his brain, wondering who could have possibly been responsible for something like that. It could have just been a random robbery. Because as uncommon as they are, especially here, they do happen. Or, it could be somebody that they know. The list always seems to grow and dwindle in the same second.

The bath water ripples around him with each faint movement. His knees are tucked tightly against his chest where his chin rests. He holds his hands out, peeling his fingers back to stare at the nail marks he left engraved into his skin.

There's no blood, but the small crescents are a purple shade. His eyes flit from his palms to the bubbles that slowly dissolve when suddenly, the door opens.

Jeongguk is standing with one hand on the door handle, breathless. He's disheveled and tired. But he's more worried than anything.

Jimin blinks slowly at him, eyes red and tired from crying. He looks back over at the tap, noticing Jeongguk undressing in his peripheral. Just then, the empty space behind him fills as Jeongguk gets in, holding the blond in his arms.

"Why didn't you tell me? You've been by yourself ever since it happened? Are you hurt?"

"I'm not hurt," Jimin replies into the inside of his arm. "I'm okay. I didn't want to worry you when you already have so much to worry about."

"You can't tell me you're okay when you've been crying, Min," Jeongguk says, dragging his fingers over the man's shoulders.

"That obvious, huh?" Jimin turns around, looking over his shoulder at Jeongguk.

He smiles softly, swiping his thumbs along Jimin's cheeks. "Even if it wasn't, I think that you sometimes forget how well I know you."

Jimin scrunches his nose. He turns back around, sinking into Jeongguk's stomach. He grabs one of the man's hands, playing with his fingers.

"Can you tell me anything at all about what happened?" Jeongguk asks, watching while Jimin entertains himself.

"Nothing, really. Taehyung and I were just grabbing snacks and somebody came in, yelling at the cashier for money. When he got what he wanted, he took off. Someone else pulled up in a vehicle and he hopped in and they were gone, just like that," Jimin explains.

"Do you know what kind of vehicle it was?" Jeongguk questions.

The blond shrugs. "I'm not sure. My adrenaline was through the roof. I could hardly focus on anything but staying quiet and hidden. Why? Do you think it was planned?"

Jeongguk starts to play with Jimin's hair. "Better safe than sorry, right? I think it's good to consider all possible angles, considering recent revelations. Do you know if Namjoon saw anything?"

"I don't know. I didn't ask any questions or say anything. He drove us to Taehyung's place and I went straight to the bathroom. I don't remember that last time my brain had a short-circuit as bad as that. Just noises. No discernible words," Jimin says.

"Okay," Jeongguk replies. "That's okay, I'll ask him later." He kisses the top of Jimin's head, holding him close.

"Did you hear anything while you were still at the police station?" Jimin asks.

Jeongguk shakes his head. "Nothing yet. It's frustrating but they're trying their best."

Jimin hums, placing his arms over top of Jeongguk's as the embrace around him tightens. He knows that Jeongguk is trying his best to stay calm and collected around him.