Chapter 12: Time to regroup

Cedric's POV

Cedric's POV

I watched as Elsa disappeared and I couldn't help but worry about her. We didn't know what the man who had triggered Bucky wanted, so she had no idea what she was running head first in to. But Steve ran out of the room, following his daughter into the unknown danger which reminded me how much the two were a like.

"I know how you feel, Cedric," Kimberly said as she placed her hand on my shoulder. "It's the same way that I felt every time I watched Steve go out on missions during the war. It the way I still feel when I watch both my husband and my daughter run head first in to danger. But over the years I have learnt that being head strong and stubborn is basically part of the Rogers DNA. So, instead of sitting around and worrying, I do what I can to help which is what we need to do right now."

"The Doc's right, Pretty Boy," Cassy said as she picked up a spare taser that was left in the room. "It's time to move out and get out gear. And I swear to God, if I find one single person in my suit, they are going to find out that this taser does a lot more than just shock people."

Kimberly rushed forward so that she was ahead of Cassy where she was able to make sure that she did do anything stupid that could have ended up in her getting caught. As Cassy and I followed her down the dark corridor, I noticed for the first time how much of her was actually in Elsa. Everyone could see how much Elsa was like her father but as I watched Kimberly, it was clear that Elsa had just as much of her mother in her. From the way that Kimberly held her head slightly to the side as she listened to see if there was anyone coming to the way that she created an icy mist around her hands just in case she had to use her ice powers, it was all a mirror copy of how Elsa moved. It was amazing to watch.

The more that we move through the corridors, the crazier people seemed to get. The emergency lights were flashing, giving the building an eerie glow the only seemed to create more fear among the fleeing crowds as an evacuation warning echoed through the PA system. But no one seemed to notice that we were moving in opposite direction as we headed towards the confiscated goods room where they not only had Steve and Sam's gear but Cassy's arc reactor and my quiver. Apparently, Tony had handed them both over to the authorities as soon as he arrived which only succeed in angering Cassy even more.

"Hey! You three! You're heading in the wrong direction," a man in a military uniform yelled when he noticed us running in the opposite direction as everyone else.

"No, I don't think we are," Cassy said as she held up the taser her was holding and firing it at the man, causing him to drop to the floor and twitch as the currents ran through his body.

"Was that really necessary?" I asked her as we continued our way deeper into the building.

"Yeah, it was," she shrugged. "And I really need to build one of these things in to my suit."

"Cassy, I don't think it's time to be thinking about suit modifications," Kimberly called out over her shoulder.

"It's always time to think about suit modifications," Cassy replied with a grin which quickly disappeared when Kimberly held her arm up to stop us.