Chapter 64: Stories of the Past

When we reached Hogsmeade, I couldn't believe what I was seeing

When we reached Hogsmeade, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The whole place looked like it was a ghost town or something. Not a single light was on despite the fact it was only 10pm and half the stores looked like they were boarded up and those that weren't looked like they had been fortified for war. Bars were across every widow, shimmering with enchantments to protect those that were inside. Doors appeared to be bolted shut, not that it would help stop a death eater from entering the house if they really wanted to. But I guessed it was more of a comfort thing for those who were inside more than anything else. 

"What has happened here?" Cedric asked as he looked around the deserted village.

"Death eaters, that's what's happened," I told him looking around the dark village. "But what's more important now is that we get inside somewhere. We're to venerable out in the open like this." 

"But where are we going to go?" Cedric asked as a flash of red hair caught my eye.

"Follow me," I said, walking towards where I saw the red-haired person head. "I think I have an idea."

Making my way through the darkened side streets, I led Cedric to the only safe place I could think of that the redhead was heading. The whole way, Cedric and I kept our guards up in case we ran into any trouble. But Skuld must have been on myside for once and we made it to the Hogs Head without any trouble. 

"What are we doing here?" Cedric whispered as I knocked on the door. 

"Gut feeling," I told him, waiting for someone to answer the door.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw someone peak through the curtains, out windows at us. It was only a couple of seconds before the door opened and an excited squeal echoed all around us.

 It was only a couple of seconds before the door opened and an excited squeal echoed all around us

"Elsa! Cedric! I've missed you guys!" Amanda gushed as she jumped up and down with excitement.

"Mandy, keep it down!" Hamish whispered, ushering us inside. "But it is great to see the both of you."

"It's great to see all of you guys as well," I said, looking around the room and seeing all my friends, except two. "But where are Fred and George?" 

"They're running that radio thing of theirs from their shop," Henry said around a mouthful of food.