Chapter 62: A Sad Goodbye

Apparating with Dobby wasn't any better than normal apparating

Apparating with Dobby wasn't any better than normal apparating. The feeling of being suffocated as the world spun around in front of my eyes made me feel like I was going to be sick, which was not paring well with the burning feeling that was still running through my veins. So, when we hit the ground hard and face first, the feeling of the wet sand on my cheek was more than welcome. 

I slowly opened my eyes to see that we were on some gloomy looking beach, which meant that we didn't go with Loki's original plan and go to Asgard, because no beach on Asgard would look so grey. Which meant we had to be at Fleur and Bill's house, Shell Cottage.

"Elsa!" I heard Cedric call out as I raised my head slightly so that I could see him running across the slick sand to get to me. "Are you alright, love?"

"I'm fine," I murmured as Cedric knelt down beside me. "Just let me stay here, in the cool sand for the rest of my life." 

"I don't think that's such a good idea," Cedric chuckled as he helped me up, but whatever else he was going to say was lost when I heard Harry's call out in desperation.

"Elsa! It's Dobby, he's been stabbed!" 

Not wasting another second, I pushed myself up out of the sand, ignoring the burning feeling that spiked every time I moved and ran over to where Harry was sitting with Dobby in his lap. 

"No, not Dobby," I whispered to myself as I knelt down next to Dobby. "Come on, Dobby, you can do this."

"Elsa, please, you have to do something," Harry begged. "You can heal him, can't you?"

More determined than I had been in a long time, I placed my hands gently on the little house elf and tried to summon whatever Asgardian magic I had in me to heal Dobby. But instead of the usual golden glow that came from my hands when I tried to heal someone, the burning feeling only intensified in my veins, making me cry out in pain. In an instant, both Loki and Cedric were by my side again, both wearing matching worried looks on their faces. 

"Elsa, darling, you don't have the strength and, as much as I hate to say this, there is nothing we can do," Loki told me softly, looking down at Dobby with sadness in his green eyes.

"It is alright, Elsa Rogers," Dobby said weakly. "Such a beautiful place, to be with friends. Dobby is happy to be with his friends, Elsa Rogers and Harry Potter..."